Tacoma Freedom Fair & Airshow

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
PNW Airshows

Tacoma Freedom Fair & Airshow

Post by PNW Airshows » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:02 pm

Hello all,

New to this forum but not new to airshows. I direct the Tacoma and Gig harbor Airshows and I have a lineup to post for those that are interested.

July 4, 2019
http://www.freedomfair.com/

Tacoma 2019 will have:
USMC HarrierJump Jet Demo
USAF F-16 Viper Demo & Heritage
US Navy Legacy Demo
Will Allen Airshows
Hammerhead Aerobatics (Renny Price)
Vicky Benzing Airshows
Erickson Airshows F4U Corsair
Erickson Airshows P-40 Kitty Hawk
Dan Vance P-51D Mustang "Speedball Alice"
C-17 Globemaster III Demo
T-33 Ace Maker
West Coast Ravens RV Team

Working on few others as well, should be a real kick butt show after some anemic years.

Doug
Last edited by PNW Airshows on Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
3 x

mikeyb9

Post by mikeyb9 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:39 pm

This is a great venue, and a great lineup so far. Cant wait for it!!!
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:00 am

Hi Doug, thanks for joining up and sharing the info with us! I edited your post to add the date and website URL for those who want more info.

I see you have a Legacy Flight listed, and some other shows have started mentioning those. Do you know what the approval status is for Navy demos and Legacy Flights? Are they booking them with approval pending or are they good to go right now? Is the program expanding beyond the normal demo team pilots? St. Louis mentioned a Growler doing it.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

PNW Airshows

Post by PNW Airshows » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:53 pm

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for adding those items to my post.

The Navy sent out an e-mail to those shows receiving support and which units will be supporting.

Tacoma will be getting support from VAQ-125 out of Whidbey Island, they fly Growlers.

Gig Harbor also is getting support, but from VFA-122 out of Lemore NAS. Legacy Hornets?

As far as the Legacy Demo is concerned, its not a full on Tac Demo. They make 4 passes with the vintage aircraft and then a couple without, including a high speed burner pass. Its the same routine as they had been doing, but without the Tac Demo part.
2 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:12 pm

Tacoma Airshow 2019 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:53 pm Hello Ryan,

The Navy sent out an e-mail to those shows receiving support and which units will be supporting.

Tacoma will be getting support from VAQ-125 out of Whidbey Island, they fly Growlers.

Gig Harbor also is getting support, but from VFA-122 out of Lemore NAS. Legacy Hornets?

As far as the Legacy Demo is concerned, its not a full on Tac Demo. They make 4 passes with the vintage aircraft and then a couple without, including a high speed burner pass. Its the same routine as they had been doing, but without the Tac Demo part.
Hey Doug,

Thanks for the prompt response. It's nice to see members affiliated with their shows coming on here and posting. I hope more follow suit. Interesting info about the Navy Legacy Flights. It's nice to see the Navy trying to get more units out and about. Even if their schedule is Legacy Flights only, it will allow them to get to more shows, then the 6-7 they could only do last year with a full TAC demo.
Last edited by Dan Gagnon on Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Dan Gagnon

LAXSPOTTER97

Post by LAXSPOTTER97 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:21 am

Tacoma Airshow 2019 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:53 pm Hello Ryan,

Thank you for this awesome info!! Might I ask whats going on in Gig Harbor? Not aware of this event and would like to know more.
0 x

PNW Airshows

Post by PNW Airshows » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:48 am

The Gig Harbor Wings and Wheels event is held at Tacoma Narrows Airport. This year it will be on July 6th and 7th. The performers there are the same as Tacoma minus the USMC and USAF.

So...
F4U
P-40
Stearman
Sukhoi
Navy Legacy
Pitts
Jet truck
P-51
AH-1 & UH-1 Demo
West Coast Ravens
C-17 Flyby (Sat)
T-33

Plus a car show, statics, food and merch vendors.
Working on 5 or 6 more performers for both.
Last edited by PNW Airshows on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

LAXSPOTTER97

Post by LAXSPOTTER97 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:34 pm

WOW Thats awesome, might have to attend both! Where will the Super, Viper and Harrier be staged out of? Im assuming the Growler will come straight from Whidbey.
0 x

PNW Airshows

Post by PNW Airshows » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:09 pm

All the jets should stage from McChord. Not sure about the Growlers yet. The question was posed.
0 x

cf18hornet

Post by cf18hornet » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:11 pm

LAXSPOTTER97 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:34 pm WOW Thats awesome, might have to attend both! Where will the Super, Viper and Harrier be staged out of? Im assuming the Growler will come straight from Whidbey.
McChord AFB is just seconds away from this show so I would assume the Viper would stage out of there. The Harrier possibly from there as well or maybe BFI?
Last edited by cf18hornet on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Return to “2019 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”