Matt Chapman's final air show weekend

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
wfooshee

Matt Chapman's final air show weekend

Post by wfooshee » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:15 pm

I attended the Blue Angels Homecoming show this past Friday and Saturday, and learned that it was to be Matt Chapman's final weekend performing at air shows. This weekend he led a flight of three, himself, Rob Holland, and Bill Stein in a group they called "Thrice." They flew immediately prior to the Blues' demonstration, and had Matt's retirement festivities on the ramp in front of show central. I was a ways off to the left, but my 300mm and bleacher seat let me get there!

They told us over the PA that Matt's airline career continues, and he will now be based closer to home.

Thrice in flight. They did some formation work, along with some opposing passes, separation and rejoins, and some very spiffy follow-the-leader actions. Matt leads, with Bill Stein on the left and Rob Holland on the right.

Getting out one last time

Hose-down by the Air Boss, Wayne Boggs

Get back in the airplane and taxi to parking. I reckon he's gotta fly it home, too, but public work is done.
Last edited by wfooshee on Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Return to “2019 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”