RAF Red Arrows announce 2019 North American Tour

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
SnowbirdsFanatic

Post by SnowbirdsFanatic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:00 pm

RyanS wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:34 am Makes perfect sense as it fills the weekend between Hillsboro and Huntington Beach, September 28-29.
I heard that the Hillsboro, OR location has been officially moved to Mcminnville, OR (about 55 minutes further south) due to runway construction at Hillsboro that won't be completed in time for the show.

Were you made aware of this Ryan?
0 x
Gary 8-)

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:23 pm

SnowbirdsFanatic wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:00 pm
RyanS wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:34 am Makes perfect sense as it fills the weekend between Hillsboro and Huntington Beach, September 28-29.
I heard that the Hillsboro, OR location has been officially moved to Mcminnville, OR (about 55 minutes further south) due to runway construction at Hillsboro that won't be completed in time for the show.

Were you made aware of this Ryan?
Yes, that's been discussed in the Hillsboro thread. I guess it can be updated on this list even though most people know it as the "Hillsoboro" show. Funky situation!
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

SnowbirdsFanatic

Post by SnowbirdsFanatic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Agreed that it's a funky situation for this year. Sorry Ryan, not trying to make more work for you, just wanted to assist with overall clarity throughout the threads.
0 x
Gary 8-)

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:25 pm

SnowbirdsFanatic wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:30 pm Agreed that it's a funky situation for this year. Sorry Ryan, not trying to make more work for you, just wanted to assist with overall clarity throughout the threads.
No worries! It's a valid point and an adjustment I'll make
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

SnowbirdsFanatic

Post by SnowbirdsFanatic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:32 pm

For anyone who is interested....

I just posted the up-to-date radio frequencies for the Red Arrows in the General Discussion Forum under Radio Monitoring :D
1 x
Gary 8-)

Adam

Post by Adam » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:58 am

This tweet promises a total of 40 locations on the final tour schedule.

https://twitter.com/UKdefUS/status/1140657681113464832
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:09 am

More details released today, including some more stops. Of course they do so when I'm getting ready to head to Oshkosh and can't properly analyze it :lol:

https://www.raf.mod.uk/display-teams/re ... us-canada/
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Adam

Post by Adam » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:46 pm

Lots of new cities but the list marks a small number out as flypasts and the text suggests the rest are just ground activities. Sadly I don't think any of today's news will turn out to be very exciting.
0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:00 pm

Adam wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:46 pm Lots of new cities but the list marks a small number out as flypasts and the text suggests the rest are just ground activities. Sadly I don't think any of today's news will turn out to be very exciting.
Agreed, and their rollout of this info has been very poorly managed I think. I get that it takes a while to nail down details but it feels like they just keep stringing it out offering hope for more performances and then adding ground visits.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Adam

Post by Adam » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:38 pm

RyanS wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:00 pm
Adam wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:46 pm Lots of new cities but the list marks a small number out as flypasts and the text suggests the rest are just ground activities. Sadly I don't think any of today's news will turn out to be very exciting.
Agreed, and their rollout of this info has been very poorly managed I think. I get that it takes a while to nail down details but it feels like they just keep stringing it out offering hope for more performances and then adding ground visits.
Throwback to the 2016 Asia/Middle East tour... The schedule only came out a few days before they departed the UK and was hopelessly unspecific about which places would get displays and which would get flypasts. My city was advertised as getting a "30 minute flypast" which we, and the media, took to mean a full display, but transpired to mean a single very high orbit with white smoke only, at some point within a 30 minute window. At least one other city got the same treatment. Other venues were advertised as getting full displays, but on the day, only invited VIPs could get anywhere near. They also published at least one of their fuel stops on their schedule, and people turned up only to see some red jets land and then take off again. These things always seem to do the Reds' reputation at least as much harm as it does good.
0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator