Roger Buis, Former Pilot & Owner Of Otto the Helicopter Died

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
n33d4sp33d_85

Roger Buis, Former Pilot & Owner Of Otto the Helicopter Died

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:05 am

Kyle Franklin posted on his facebook that Roger Buis, who used to fly Otto the Helicopter, passed away due to complications with Covid.
Sadly I just got word this morning that long time friend and airshow pilot Roger Buis, former owner and pilot of Otto the Helicopter, passed away due to Covid complications. I have many great memories of hanging out with Roger and Pauline over the years. Roger was a showman and one of the best helicopter pilots I’ve ever known. You will be missed my friend.
0 x

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:22 pm

n33d4sp33d_85 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:05 am Kyle Franklin posted on his facebook that Roger Buis, who used to fly Otto the Helicopter, passed away due to complications with Covid.
Sadly I just got word this morning that long time friend and airshow pilot Roger Buis, former owner and pilot of Otto the Helicopter, passed away due to Covid complications. I have many great memories of hanging out with Roger and Pauline over the years. Roger was a showman and one of the best helicopter pilots I’ve ever known. You will be missed my friend.
Oh he did, oh god I'm saddened to hear that, I think few times we had "Otto the Helicopter" at the MCAS Miramar Airshow a few years back, man thats just sad, I never knew he passed away until now. :cry:
0 x