Possible Return Of Muskegon Air Fair

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
n33d4sp33d_85

Possible Return Of Muskegon Air Fair

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:37 pm

2 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:20 pm

I was just coming to post this! Muskegon disappeared right as I was getting into airshows. In fact, Muskegon 2005 was my very first airshow with an SLR camera!

Looking back it seems like a fairly generic show in the two years I went, but it would be nice to have another one in Michigan whether it is an annual stop for me or not.
Attachments
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG (152.56 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:39 pm

There has actually been some work going on with this for quite some time but kept hitting road blocks (then was abandoned). F3 coming along just helps set the plan in motion and provides tons of supportive help (i.e. the airport will already back it so an organization just needs to get the funding now).
Last edited by Bretten Bailey on Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:44 am

Muskegon Air Fair was a big part of my summer growing up. I have family in the area and we'd go stay with them during airshow week, then my Dad and I would go to the show on the weekend. Muskegon is the first place I ever saw a Lancaster, the Heritage Flight and the Blue Angels and it was the last place I ever saw a Tomcat demo. My first glimpse of a B-24 was from my aunt's backyard in Muskegon - my Dad didn't believe me until we got to the show the next day! The first time I saw the B-1 was there when I was about six years old. The Bone lit the burners right in front of us and I probably jumped three feet in the air! The airshows there in the late 90s were great and it's too bad the show really tapered off towards the end. The attitude from a lot of people I've talked to up there was once they saw the Blue Angels, they didn't have to go anymore and anything less was a disappointment. I still have most of my programs somewhere ...

If Muskegon comes back, I will go purely for nostalgic reasons. I can't see another airshow comeback topping that feeling for me unless a prop Cat Flight happens over Kalamazoo again someday.
Last edited by kalamazookid on Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Matt