USAF Heritage Flight

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:06 pm

Anyone know any good spots outside of Davis-Monthan AFB to view the HFs during the Heritage Flight Conference? I'm considering making a trip down there someday to see them since the west coast is basically the best place to go to see different HFs.
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:09 am

n33d4sp33d_85 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:06 pm Anyone know any good spots outside of Davis-Monthan AFB to view the HFs during the Heritage Flight Conference? I'm considering making a trip down there someday to see them since the west coast is basically the best place to go to see different HFs.
Remind me in a week or two and I will give you some spots :)
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:45 pm

Here are the spots I found for the HFC!

Spot 1 - Wilmot Rd
Head north from Valencia and pull off in the dirt on the west side of the road. I have spotted here many times and never been chased off or bothered. You can travel north/south to be on either side of the runway centerline as desired.

Example:

Spot 2 - Solar Farm
This is probably my favorite spot overall. Pull off to the side of Craycroft Rd. You are on a slight hill and can see pretty much all of the flying. As with any of the spots most passes are far away but the bottom up pass can be VERY close. This is the only place where you can really see an entire demo from, albeit far away.

Example:

Spot 3 - Scrap Yards
This is the most popular spot and the closest to show center. Many people park off the side of Tennessee St but Belvedere or Irvington may be other options. There are a number of trees and buildings that can get in the way so you don't get much continuous visibility.

Example:

Spot 4 - Golf Links
This is the worst of the spots we tried. You pull off into the dirt next to the ramp to Golf Links Rd. We found that nearly all passes turned inside of this point and it is pretty far from show center, but it might be ok if they are landing on 12.

One general tip is that renting a pickup and standing in the bed helps to get over some of the bushes/obstacles around!
Attachments
HFC_Spots.jpg
HFC_Spots.jpg (476.3 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com