Airshow London 2020 (Now "Sky Drive" Presented by ASL)

Discussion relating to 2020 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:56 pm

RyanS wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:50 pm Not sure if this is news or not
Probabilty that Commemorative Air Force (CAF) Minnesota is announcing that they will participate, however, it seemingly looks like Its not official fo Sky Drive Presented by Airshow London (ASL) and with border enclosure still in effect I don't see how they can attend the air show, only pre approved performers, unless they were approved and just waited to announce this statement.

Nick
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:59 pm

I'm assuming that the US Air base mentioned in that article is Selfridge, which might be good for me since the border closure has been extended into late September so I won't be able to attend (and the backup plan is likely to play out). Maybe I can go hang out at Selfridge and see some jets at least.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:09 am

It's good to see they have a back-up plan. Obviously their(organizers) first choice is to have planes based at London, but if they need to be based at Selfridge in order to put on the show, then so be it. Selfridge would allow for tanker support to make this feasible as well.

I think this show has the most questions around it, due to being across the border and having border restrictions/closures etc. I've also noticed a lot of people crap on the event and almost want it to fail.

I'm confident that the organizers have done their due diligence to make sure they can successfully and safely put on an event.
0 x
Dan Gagnon

yyz64

Post by yyz64 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:43 pm

If they have to go that route then I guess it would rule out the Golden Knights , I can't see them coming up here to quarantine for 14 days before the show.The good news is Selfridge ,Toledo and Niagara are all "fairly" close for flybys, oping to see some additions soon as well as some Canadian participation.
0 x

Faust

Post by Faust » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:26 am

Dan Gagnon wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:09 am It's good to see they have a back-up plan. Obviously their(organizers) first choice is to have planes based at London, but if they need to be based at Selfridge in order to put on the show, then so be it. Selfridge would allow for tanker support to make this feasible as well.

I think this show has the most questions around it, due to being across the border and having border restrictions/closures etc. I've also noticed a lot of people crap on the event and almost want it to fail.

I'm confident that the organizers have done their due diligence to make sure they can successfully and safely put on an event.
Man, who would crap on these guys? That's some king-size BS.

I think ASL is doing something awesome. It might be a bit buggy, but this ins't a traditional time, and it isn't a traditional air show. Rather than just give up and say "Can't do it...", these guys are busting butts to make something happen.

If people can't get behind that, then they suck. Plain and simple.

I'll be critical of mistakes that ASL might make on a conventional show, where it's ground that's been tread upon before, but this is new, so they get massive props from me for blazing a great path here.

As far as I'm concerned, it's all thumbs up for that gang doing all they can to make this happen! Nice work, everyone!
2 x

ssims45

Post by ssims45 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:25 pm

I'm sure most of those who are negative of the show are salty Americans who can't cross the border to see it. I am unfortunately stuck on the wrong side of the border but I wish ASL nothing but success and look forward to seeing photos and video from those who are able to attend!
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:52 pm

KC-10 confirmed for Skydrive!

**Confirmed**

Tankers away! A United States Air Force KC-10 Extender is coming to London to perform at #SKYDRIVE September 12th & 13th✈️

https://www.facebook.com/42855070399711 ... 646717307/
0 x
Dan Gagnon

Faust

Post by Faust » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:25 pm

Yeah Buddy!

Now, if he can drag some A-10s, F-15s and F-35s across the border with him, well, all the better right? 8-)
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:08 pm

KC-135 confirmed!
**Confirmed**

#TANKERTUESDAY isn't over yet! 😎

In addition to the KC-10, we also have confirmed the KC-135 Stratotanker for this year’s #SKYDRIVE✈️
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0703997112
1 x
Dan Gagnon

Return to “2020 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”