New York Air Show 2020

Discussion relating to 2020 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Al B
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Al B » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:13 pm

It's unfortunate we lost the F-18 Demo. Hopefully it can be replaced with another military demo of some sort. We did pick up another stunt performer and a Heritage Flight, which looks cool if they can make two or three passes. Just hoping for decent weather and no further restrictions from Gov. Cuomo or another entity between now and the 30th. ;)
0 x

brianmanig
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by brianmanig » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:27 pm

According to a recent post by the F-35 demo team, they've stated that their next show is the NY air show. Exciting news!
0 x

Al B
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Al B » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:21 am

brianmanig wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:27 pm According to a recent post by the F-35 demo team, they've stated that their next show is the NY air show. Exciting news!
Fingers crossed!
0 x

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:28 pm
Location: Menifee, CA
Contact:

Post by Nick » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:52 am

Al B wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:21 am
brianmanig wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:27 pm According to a recent post by the F-35 demo team, they've stated that their next show is the NY air show. Exciting news!
Fingers crossed!
Lucky, enough said, I hope to see the F-35 in SoCal soon, NY is beyond my range.
0 x
Nick W. Jenkins
Horizon Sky Photography
Airshow Insider

Al B
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Al B » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:41 pm

Nick wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:52 am
Al B wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:21 am
brianmanig wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:27 pm According to a recent post by the F-35 demo team, they've stated that their next show is the NY air show. Exciting news!
Fingers crossed!
Lucky, enough said, I hope to see the F-35 in SoCal soon, NY is beyond my range.
Well conversely, SoCAl is beyond mine :D Here's hoping it works out for you out there!
0 x

MadisonMike
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by MadisonMike » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:57 pm

brianmanig wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:27 pm According to a recent post by the F-35 demo team, they've stated that their next show is the NY air show. Exciting news!
Super excited if this happens. I will happily trade off the F-18 Super Hornet for the F-35A. Wish there were both attending, but I am just happy a show nearby is happening.

The USAF Heritage Flight in OC with the P-51, A-10, F-22, F-35A was cool. I loved the paint on the A-10, that was a nice touch this year.
0 x

Al B
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Al B » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:16 pm

MadisonMike wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:57 pm
brianmanig wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:27 pm According to a recent post by the F-35 demo team, they've stated that their next show is the NY air show. Exciting news!
Super excited if this happens. I will happily trade off the F-18 Super Hornet for the F-35A. Wish there were both attending, but I am just happy a show nearby is happening.

The USAF Heritage Flight in OC with the P-51, A-10, F-22, F-35A was cool. I loved the paint on the A-10, that was a nice touch this year.

That Camo/D-Day WWII scheme on the A-10 looks cool! Seeing in NY would be great, but the f-35 would be cool too. I'm okay with the current line up and would trade other acts for a few "touch n go" passes, given we aren't getting a traditional TO & L cycle.

Are you talking about the Oceana show Brian?
0 x

User avatar
n33d4sp33d_85
Posts: 6198
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:27 pm

F-35A Lightning II Demo Team officially confirmed! :D
https://airshowny.com/f-35-demo-team/
1 x

Al B
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Al B » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:55 pm

n33d4sp33d_85 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:27 pm F-35A Lightning II Demo Team officially confirmed! :D
https://airshowny.com/f-35-demo-team/
Thanks but, I saw it earlier this morning. I've been checking the show's website, it's FB and IG pages, not to forget Weather Underground daily for updates on them all! I feel like a kid again and it's a week before Christmas! ;)
1 x

MadisonMike
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by MadisonMike » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:21 pm

With so few events of any kind this year I am obsessively checking the forecasts, tracking storms in the south and watching frontal boundaries. Weather nerd in effect. I never trust the forecasts more than a day or two out as it is but it does not stop me from checking for updates.

This is from a different Mike's page, and he is way more obsessed than most.

Image
1 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests