Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show 2020

Discussion relating to 2020 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:27 am

October 31st and November 1st
Orlando Sanford International Airport
Sanford, Florida
https://spaceandairshow.com/

Featuring
- USAF Thunderbirds
- USSOCOM Para-Commandos
- USAF A-10 Thunderbolt II Demo
- USAF F-16 Fighting Falcon Demo
- USAF F-22 Raptor Demo
- USAF F-35A Lightning II Demo
- USAF Heritage Flight
- USAF C-17 Globemaster III Demo
- 920th Rescue Wing CSAR Demo
- GEICO Skytypers
- B-25 Mitchell "Panchito"
- Michael Wiskus - Pitts S1-11B
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 20 times in total.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:47 pm

USAF C-5M Super Galaxy to be featured on static display.
https://spaceandairshow.com/c-5m-super-galaxy/
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:54 am

USAF F-35A Lightning II Demo Team confirmed!!!
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:48 am

Added.
- Michael Wiskus [Lucas Oil Pitts S-1-11B]
- B-25 Mitchell "Panchito"
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:06 am

Air Show Stay Safe and Separate Initiatives
The Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show is implementing a series of “Stay safe initiatives” to ensure the safety of guests and spectators at this year’s event. The following initiatives extend across the entire event site:

The quantity of total daily admission tickets will be limited
Tickets must be purchased online or by phone, they will not be sold on-site at the event.
Line mitigation at venue entrances by adding bagless guest express lanes and allowing early entry
Contactless entry and ticket scanning
Providing for ample space for separation between groups waiting to check in according to CDC guidelines
Preferred Seating will be reserved seating by group with large aisles between group sections and rows
Portable restrooms will be spaced out and frequently sanitized
Hand-washing and sanitizing stations throughout the event site
Masks and hand sanitizer will be available for purchase at all event merchandise stands
The event site will be cashless with payment for food, beverage and merchandise by credit, debit or gift card only
A cash exchange booth will be set up to be able to purchase air show gift cards for issues like credit card declines or exhausted balances on pre-paid debit cards. There will be a 10% convenience fee added to all cash gift card purchases. Gift cards can be used like a credit card for purchases anywhere inside the event site.

Additional Stay Safe and Separate Initiatives in the Flight Line Club VIP will include:

All seating outside the tents will be reserved seating by group with large aisles between group sections and rows
Flight Line Club seating will be arranged by group size (i.e. sections of 2, 3 and 4 seats)
All seating outside the tents will be reserved seats
Catered lunch service will be called by sections to mitigate lines
Under tent tables will be for eating by section only until 2:00p
Table coverings will be sanitized between use and replaced each day
After 2:00p tables will be available for guests to take short breaks in the shade
Masks and hand sanitizer will be provided to all guests
Contactless VIP check in with individually packaged easy-on wristbands guests can put on themselves

Staying safe and separate is a team effort! Your assistance helps keep you and the spectators around you safe. Here are the things you can do to help stay safe and separate at the Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show:

Purchase your tickets and parking in advance only, no on-site purchase will be available
Leave bags at home or in your vehicle to avoid bag checks at the show entrance
Bring a credit card, debit card or pre-paid debit card to pay for food, beverages and merchandise
Wash and sanitize your hands frequently
Wear a mask when in close proximity to other people
Maintain a distance of 6 feet or more between your party and others
Do not attend the show if you or a family member has been or is feeling sick
Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids during the show
Minimize touching surfaces and your face
https://spaceandairshow.com/stay-safe/
0 x

Ken91

Post by Ken91 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:09 pm

This one will be my second to last chance of an airshow this year (last chance is Stuart, FL). I hope they are able to safely pull it off. I have my doubts, but still hopeful.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:04 am

Thom Richard and his P-40 Warhawk Demo had been dropped. It is also likely Scott "Scooter" Yoak's P-51 Mustang Demo had also been dropped.
COVID is making airshows drop like flies. We just lost four more shows, three canceled and one dropped civilian Warbird acts due to a lower budget.

Geneseo: The Greatest Show on Turf is still a possibility and Warbirds Over Monroe Air Show is definitely still on!

We're hoping the Arsenal of Democracy Flyover and the associated events will still take place. No hints at canceling yet. Fingers crossed! It could be an Epic event!

We do however have good news coming about visiting the Northeast this summer. Stay tuned for our announcement in the coming days! It will still be a great summer!
https://www.facebook.com/p40warhawkamer ... 5063755732
0 x

Ken91

Post by Ken91 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:31 am

Warbird budget cut?!? Crap. That's certainly disappointing, but not unexpected, I guess. I'll have to think about whether or not I'll be attending any airshows this year.
0 x

ssims45

Post by ssims45 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:55 am

Ken91 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:31 am Warbird budget cut?!? Crap. That's certainly disappointing, but not unexpected, I guess. I'll have to think about whether or not I'll be attending any airshows this year.
I had the same reaction initially, but I'm going to attend any shows that I can (this one is a several hour flight away from me so maybe not) because if we all choose to not attend that hurts their budgets even further putting future shows in jeopardy. I think any show that does push forward is counting on the hardcore aviation fans to support them knowing the bulk of the general public will probably stay away.
0 x

Ken91

Post by Ken91 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:38 pm

ssims45 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:55 am
Ken91 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:31 am Warbird budget cut?!? Crap. That's certainly disappointing, but not unexpected, I guess. I'll have to think about whether or not I'll be attending any airshows this year.
I had the same reaction initially, but I'm going to attend any shows that I can (this one is a several hour flight away from me so maybe not) because if we all choose to not attend that hurts their budgets even further putting future shows in jeopardy. I think any show that does push forward is counting on the hardcore aviation fans to support them knowing the bulk of the general public will probably stay away.
I understand those thoughts, too. I'm still unsure, honestly. I'd like to support a semi-local airshow, but there still has to be enough going on to make it worth my money and time. At least this one is still several months away, so I don't have to make a decision now. Trying to stay hopeful, but that's getting harder given the current situation in Florida.
0 x

Return to “2020 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”