Shuttleworth Collection de Havilland Centenary 'Drive-In' Airshow - 27th September

Discussion relating to 2020 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Flightline Uk

Shuttleworth Collection de Havilland Centenary 'Drive-In' Airshow - 27th September

Post by Flightline Uk » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:44 am

In what turned out to be their final airshow of the year, the Shuttlworth Collection celebrated 100 Years of the de Havilland Aeroplane Company. The weather was not too kind to the event and many of the de Havilland types scheduled were unable to make it to the event. However, there was still a very nice 'mini-swarm' of Moths plus displays from Chipmunk, Dragon Rapide and Comet to mark the centenary. The 80th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain was also marked by displays from Hurricane I P3717 plus the collection's own pair of Sea Hurricane Ib and Spitfire Vc. More images and a full review can be found HERE.

0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:16 am

The aircraft that most catches my eye here is the Aeronca Champ! Looks to be flying at some quite dramatic attitudes and bank angles at fairly low level, especially photo no.8. Was it as gusty a display as it looks? One I shall keep an eye out for in future, if so.
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Return to “2020 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”