2020 US Navy Blue Angels Schedule

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
Adam

Post by Adam » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:57 pm

What are the odds of there being significant changes to the schedule, like we've seen with the ACC single-ship demo teams? Similarly (based on rumour only, there's no schedule yet) it sounds like the Red Arrows will be using the opportunity to drop in on several smaller shows which wouldn't normally stand much chance of getting a jet team, much like the F-35/A-10 at Cedar Creek Lake.

If the Blue Angels had a practiced routine ready to go, are there any practical reasons why they couldn't turn up at smaller events at relatively short notice, or even double up with the Thunderbirds from time to time? It'd require some goodwill and determination from the powers that be (as well as some rather speedy site surveys) but is it totally out of the question?
Last edited by Adam on Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:15 pm

Adam wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:57 pm What are the odds of there being significant changes to the schedule, like we've seen with the ACC single-ship demo teams? Similarly (based on rumour only, there's no schedule yet) it sounds like the Red Arrows will be using the opportunity to drop in on several smaller shows which wouldn't normally stand much chance of getting a jet team, much like the F-35/A-10 at Cedar Creek Lake.

If the Blue Angels had a practiced routine ready to go, are there any practical reasons why they couldn't turn up at smaller events at relatively short notice, or even double up with the Thunderbirds from time to time? It'd require some goodwill and determination from the powers that be (as well as some rather speedy site surveys) but is it totally out of the question?
I think the biggest obstacle is that small shows can't afford the teams, especially in this climate. The single ship demos have a MUCH lighter footprint with maybe 10ish members (5 hotel rooms, 2 or 3 rental cars) while the jet teams require dozens of rooms and cars and other special equipment, plus if memory serves a payment of $100k or something like that. I can maybe see them doing flybys of events, but not much else unless it's a venue they're familiar with and they grant some leeway in their normal requirements.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:23 pm

2020 is not done yet! The Blue Angels are expected to debut the new Super Hornet delta formation with a flyover of the Army-Navy game tomorrow

https://airshowstuff.com/v4/2020/blue-a ... e-flyover/
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:29 pm

Blue Angels take off for West Point - 7 ship takeoff!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CItXMDXhA7v ... _copy_link
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:29 pm

And here's the first look at a Super Hornet delta formation!

https://www.facebook.com/AirshowStuff/p ... 6982222345
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:04 pm

I'm so looking forward to this. :D
0 x

Nancy

Post by Nancy » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:30 pm

I'm trying to find out whether the Show at Lake Charles has limited attendance. I live 3 hours away and don't want to go and be unable to attend. Anybody know?
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:44 pm

Nancy wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:30 pm I'm trying to find out whether the Show at Lake Charles has limited attendance. I live 3 hours away and don't want to go and be unable to attend. Anybody know?
You're in the 2020 discussion. You will want to head to the Chennault Airshow 2021 thread, although I don't think any restrictions have been made public yet viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2347
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com