SUN 'n FUN Aerospace Expo 2021

Discussion relating to 2021 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Adambadger88

Post by Adambadger88 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:48 pm

I noticed a C-17 Globemaster III has been added to the Saturday and Sunday lineup. I remember in 2020, the event organizers said one was coming from a Demo Team, which would have been a first for the event. But, that never happened because the event got cancelled. Can someone shed some light on where this C-17 Globemaster III is coming from? Is it the C-17 Demo Team's C-17 Globemaster III or just a regular military C-17 Globemaster III not belonging to a C-17 Demo Team that is appearing?
0 x

Adambadger88

Post by Adambadger88 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:32 pm

Adambadger88 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:48 pm I noticed a C-17 Globemaster III has been added to the Saturday and Sunday lineup. I remember in 2020, the event organizers said one was coming from a Demo Team, which would have been a first for the event. But, that never happened because the event got cancelled. Can someone shed some light on where this C-17 Globemaster III is coming from? Is it the C-17 Demo Team's C-17 Globemaster III or just a regular military C-17 Globemaster III not belonging to a C-17 Demo Team that is appearing?
The organization did respond to my comment.
We'll have a big announcement about that soon, stay tuned!
SUN 'n FUN's comment to me can be seen here:
1 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:26 pm

We thought #MilitaryMonday would be a good day to announce a few of the military aircraft that are scheduled to be on static display at #SNF21! Remember, these are active military aircraft subject to operational demands, so the lineup can and probably will change all the way up to the show. Which one are YOU most looking forward to seeing?

C-17 Globemaster III
CH-47 Chinook
F-15C Eagle
F-18E Super Hornet
KC-135 Stratotanker
T-1 Jayhawk
T-6A Texan II
T-38 Talon
T-45 Goshawk
UH-60 Blackhawk

Just in case you haven't gotten your tickets yet: https://bit.ly/3oJitkD
0 x

MilitaryAttractions

Post by MilitaryAttractions » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:40 pm

Just got my media credential approved for Sun n Fun 21 and have got about a million questions to ask. I've never been to Sun n Fun but have been going to Oshkosh for a number of years now. How is it camping at SNF for those that have been? Are there any electrical hookups so that if i brought an extension cord I could get power in the tent? Would you feel comfortable leaving a laptop and camera gear inside the tent? How is the wifi internet on the premises? I've almost always tent camped while at OSH and its been a great experience. Also considering renting a camper or getting a hotel thats 45 minutes out and commuting via rental car.

Also need to figure out how to get there. I'm in Chicago, would love to hitch a flight with someone and document the journey. If anybody's interested
0 x

Ken91

Post by Ken91 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:44 pm

MilitaryAttractions wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:40 pm Just got my media credential approved for Sun n Fun 21 and have got about a million questions to ask. I've never been to Sun n Fun but have been going to Oshkosh for a number of years now. How is it camping at SNF for those that have been? Are there any electrical hookups so that if i brought an extension cord I could get power in the tent? Would you feel comfortable leaving a laptop and camera gear inside the tent? How is the wifi internet on the premises? I've almost always tent camped while at OSH and its been a great experience. Also considering renting a camper or getting a hotel thats 45 minutes out and commuting via rental car.

Also need to figure out how to get there. I'm in Chicago, would love to hitch a flight with someone and document the journey. If anybody's interested
Sorry, I can't help with your camping questions. I've been going every year since 2017 on Saturday's only. With school (my son) & work, it's hard to get over there for more than a day. Plus, the Saturday night show is pretty darn cool.

I did want to mention that I've heard they are running out of rental cars in Florida (I think all over, too) and, if you can find one, they're super expensive. You may have to do a lot of searching to find something.
0 x

Airplanefreak2000

Post by Airplanefreak2000 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:27 pm

MilitaryAttractions wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:40 pm Just got my media credential approved for Sun n Fun 21 and have got about a million questions to ask. I've never been to Sun n Fun but have been going to Oshkosh for a number of years now. How is it camping at SNF for those that have been? Are there any electrical hookups so that if i brought an extension cord I could get power in the tent? Would you feel comfortable leaving a laptop and camera gear inside the tent? How is the wifi internet on the premises? I've almost always tent camped while at OSH and its been a great experience. Also considering renting a camper or getting a hotel thats 45 minutes out and commuting via rental car.

I’ll do my best to answer your questions! First, there are not electrical hookups. Generators or your car charging is best you can do. I would feel comfortable leaving stuff. Anything of true value I either put in my car or take with me. 99% or higher of aviation people are good people. WiFi gets overloaded much like Oshkosh. I bought wifi for my car for this reason to avoid these issues anymore. Camping here is a blast. I usually setup up next to the pond you can fish in during the non night show evenings. Shower houses are clean and nice. Bathroom is your typical portajohn. I take my own toilet paper. You can roam the grounds at night. I took a midnight walk through the grounds one year for night shots. There’s a concession stand that’s open all day with a couple small bars mixed in. If you get there early enough you can get right on the fence line next to the runway which is cool. The first year I went I stayed in a hotel and it wasn’t near as fun or convenient as staying right on the grounds. I’ll be camping again this year. I’ll set my tent up on the Sunday before so I can get my spot! Hope this helps!
0 x

Adambadger88

Post by Adambadger88 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:37 pm

C-17 Demonstration Team Coming to the SUN 'n FUN Aerospace Expo for the first time in 2021:

The C-17 Demonstration Team will be coming to the SUN 'n FUN Aerospace Expo for the very first time in 2021. This team from the C-17 West Coast Demonstration Team flies a Boeing C-17A Globemaster III. This event has often had Boeing C-17 Globemaster IIIs on military display, but this is the first time for a C-17 Demonstration Team performing at this event.

The C-17 West Coast Demonstration Team will be performing on Saturday, April 17 and Sunday, April 18.

Last edited by Adambadger88 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:30 pm

We're counting down the days until our 1st air show broadcast of the year! It's SUN 'n FUN 2021, and one of the performers you'll see is Patty Wagstaff Airshows. Here's Patty from #SNF19 in a typical flight attitude straight down the runway!

See the official Facebook Live event at

Aerospace Center for Excellence Lakeland Linder International Airport Visit Central Florida The Lakeland Aero Club ICAS - International Council of Air Shows Flying Magazine WeLoveAero AirshowStuff Show Center The Airshow Podcast Rob Reider Air Show Announcer Steph Stricklen #LarryStrain Extra Aircraft

#airshow #extreme #Aerobatics #EXTRA #Patty #wagstaff #Wow #airplanes #aviation #aviationgeek #aviationlovers #aviationdaily #aviator #pilot #pilotlife #instaaviation #instagramaviation
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:51 pm

Are you a shutterbug? Check out Preferred Photo Seating, a special bleacher section for amateur photographers located on the flight line adjacent to Preferred Airshow Seating. In addition to elevated, front row seating, this area also has access to all amenities of Preferred Airshow Seating! Book it here: https://bit.ly/39aIeod
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:27 am

How would you like to enjoy # SNF21 with your very own exclusive, hospitality event space? Host, entertain, and treat your clients and friends! A unique social setting giving individuals and companies an opportunity to safely enjoy the excitement of SUN 'n FUN like never before!

✅ Private "Hangar" with Sky Deck Lounge
✅ Accommodates up to 30 People per Hangar
✅ All Day Access
✅ Preferred Catering Offered
✅ Personal MYBOX Assistant and Team for Set-up and Break Down
✅ Beverage Services

Contact Garrett Williamson for rental opportunities at 863.327.6458
or email [email protected]
0 x

Return to “2021 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”