CenterPoint Energy Dayton Air Show 2021

Discussion relating to 2021 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:32 am

With the weather forecast looking the way it is I think I'm going to forget about driving over for this one. Way too iffy for a three hour drive. For those of you planning on going I hope the weather holds off and you have a great show!
1 x
Matt

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:51 pm

Anyone go? Looks like they got a full show in despite the weather.
0 x
Matt

IDF783

Post by IDF783 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:41 pm

kalamazookid wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:51 pm Anyone go? Looks like they got a full show in despite the weather.
No, but amazingly the heavy showers danced around the airport both days whereas at least for Sunday, an all-day rain was forecasted.
0 x

SoundOfFreedom

Post by SoundOfFreedom » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:21 am

We were there Sunday. Decent crowd given the forecast. Thin lineup spread-out over four hours, but it was great to get back to Dayton.
My son was amazed by the Globemaster. The Rhino presented several impressive vapor cones. After a few heavy rain storms came thru (that didn't lighten the mood of the show) - the Tbirds came out - as did the sun... and the rest of the show was sunny, muggy, and loud!
2 x

IDF783

Post by IDF783 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:00 pm

SoundOfFreedom wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:21 am We were there Sunday. Decent crowd given the forecast. Thin lineup spread-out over four hours, but it was great to get back to Dayton.
My son was amazed by the Globemaster. The Rhino presented several impressive vapor cones. After a few heavy rain storms came thru (that didn't lighten the mood of the show) - the Tbirds came out - as did the sun... and the rest of the show was sunny, muggy, and loud!
Good it worked out for you. I stayed away this year, but have attended in the past. Like the venue. Always take my sons to the USAF museum and spend a few hours there. They are going to have the show next year July 30th and 31st with the hopes a later summer date will decrease the chance of rain. Unfortunately, it conflicts with EAA.
0 x

Grunt087

Post by Grunt087 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:52 am

tehdeej wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:55 pm
Grunt087 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:43 pm The Static display has improved the offerings of this weak show. B-52,E-2,KC-46,KC-135 are all a plus. An Airshow of this size that has one F-18 one F4U and the Thunderbirds and about three acrobatic acts is pretty pathetic oh wait I forgot a Care flight helo is going to fly by. I may skip the $30 ticket and $15 parking and just go Mon to the Long Term parking for $5 and Maybe get a B-52 taking off.
Weren’t you complaining about $100 tickets with no statics? Now you have statics and an even bigger lineup. Like what are you even posting for? Attention? You’re getting zero attention from people who have a say in the airshow lineup. It’s pretty simple; you don’t think it’s a good show? don’t go. BTW Kroger’s around Dayton sell tickets for $22 :)
The reason I post is in some small attempt to get the Airshow to be better. The Dayton Airshow did put a static display on and I give them credit for that . The drive in style was changed and I gave them credit for that. The flying display line up was small compared other shows. Maybe if people would complain or not pay for sub standard shows the people that run the shows might start to think they need to get more and better planes in the show. It is like the Bengals or the Reds who haven't been to the Super Bowl or the World Series in 40 years. Why should the owners pay big bucks to get better players when fans show up no matter how bad the show is .
0 x

tehdeej

Post by tehdeej » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:16 pm

Grunt087 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:52 am
tehdeej wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:55 pm
Grunt087 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:43 pm The Static display has improved the offerings of this weak show. B-52,E-2,KC-46,KC-135 are all a plus. An Airshow of this size that has one F-18 one F4U and the Thunderbirds and about three acrobatic acts is pretty pathetic oh wait I forgot a Care flight helo is going to fly by. I may skip the $30 ticket and $15 parking and just go Mon to the Long Term parking for $5 and Maybe get a B-52 taking off.
Weren’t you complaining about $100 tickets with no statics? Now you have statics and an even bigger lineup. Like what are you even posting for? Attention? You’re getting zero attention from people who have a say in the airshow lineup. It’s pretty simple; you don’t think it’s a good show? don’t go. BTW Kroger’s around Dayton sell tickets for $22 :)
The reason I post is in some small attempt to get the Airshow to be better. The Dayton Airshow did put a static display on and I give them credit for that . The drive in style was changed and I gave them credit for that. The flying display line up was small compared other shows. Maybe if people would complain or not pay for sub standard shows the people that run the shows might start to think they need to get more and better planes in the show. It is like the Bengals or the Reds who haven't been to the Super Bowl or the World Series in 40 years. Why should the owners pay big bucks to get better players when fans show up no matter how bad the show is .
Hardly gave credit, more like asked for more after they fixed what you wanted fixed. It's gonna be difficult for a non-military show to get more airframes in the air than they had. The previous weekend had all 4 single ship teams as well as the Blues and Thunderbirds flying, so it's likely they planned the following weekend to be a week off for most, which is unfortunate timing for Dayton. Also, not purchasing tickets would likely mean an end to the show all together. Either way scheduling more military or more unique acts at a civilian run airshow in the middle of summer is not an easy task, and it seems year after year, the vast majority of spectators (including myself & family) thoroughly enjoy our time. BTW if you want a stacked lineup, head up to Thunder Over Michigan :roll:
0 x

Return to “2021 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”