TBM Avenger Reunion Salute To Veterans

Discussion relating to 2021 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Fri May 07, 2021 6:22 pm

A PBY would be great! It's been ages since I've seen one fly other than the arrival of the Canadian Warplane Heritage example at Oshkosh a few years ago. I was hoping Tri-State Warbird Museum would send the FW-190 but it sounds like they're sending the B-25 with the TBM, which will still be cool. Only a week away!
0 x
Matt

Airshowlover811

Post by Airshowlover811 » Sat May 08, 2021 10:13 pm

Any chance Tim savage will bring silver dragon again this year. He’s bringing his avenger so wonder if he will bring the other. If so could maybe get a bomber flight with it and the two B-25s
0 x

Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Wed May 12, 2021 11:35 am

A few updates:

-Several TBMs have already arrived
-Starship L-29 has arrived
-PBY Catalina has arrived
-The 1929 Travel Air 10-D that is based at the field will be flying during the event.
-Mig Alley Airshows will be arriving on Thursday in the T-33 & T-37
-Another T-33 will be arriving on Friday
-Wings of the North will be arriving with their F4U Corsair, P-51 Mustang, and, of course, the TBM between now and Friday. No arrival time planned yet.
Several more aircraft will be arriving between now and Saturday morning.

The following food vendors will be around for the event this weekend:
Friday Night:
-Flo's
-Boy Scouts (Pork Loin Sandwiches and Chips)
-EAA Chapter 15 (Fresh Mini Donuts)
Saturday:
-Boy Scouts Pancake Breakfast from 7 AM to 10:30 AM
-Rite Spice
-Jalapeños
-Illinois Valley Flying Club
-Grandma Rosie's Ice Cream Truck
-EAA Chapter 15 (Fresh Mini Donuts)

Friday Night will feature a concert by local band "She's a Maybe". The beer garden will be open as well.

In the process of getting the website updated with some new info as well as social media.
1 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

Rodan

Post by Rodan » Wed May 12, 2021 3:04 pm

I thought more aircraft would be arriving on Thursday.

That said, what locations are available for photographers now? I'm thinking about visiting tomorrow (in addition to Saturday).

Can't wait to see the PBY!

srd
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Wed May 12, 2021 3:10 pm

Rodan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:04 pm I thought more aircraft would be arriving on Thursday.

That said, what locations are available for photographers now? I'm thinking about visiting tomorrow (in addition to Saturday).

Can't wait to see the PBY!

srd
There is a little observation area by the terminal building that would surely be an ok vantage point. They may or may not be ok with you wandering the ramp; they have been very relaxed about this on Fridays in the past as long as you are safe about it
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Rodan

Post by Rodan » Wed May 12, 2021 9:46 pm

Thanks Ryan. I think it unlikely that one could "roam" the ramp but there are adjacent areas that may be accessed.

I've been to the show several times in the past; it's usually pretty casual. Two years ago, however, the Thousands insisted on moving the crowd line (twice in a relatively short period of time) just as the TBMs were taxing out. Not something the show organizers can control but not well received.

I'm debating between Thursday and Friday (in addition to Saturday); weather looks good.

srd
0 x

Airshowlover811

Post by Airshowlover811 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:57 am

Will there be a schedule of what’s flying when like they had in the past?
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu May 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Jeff Kaney will be flying down from Rockford to do flybys in his F-5!

I have also heard that Tom Wood's F8F Bearcat will attend.

No idea on schedule, but on Saturday the airport is closed to traffic from 10am to 5pm, with a TFR from 1:30pm to 5pm. I guess they don't want to be taxiing anyone through the crowd before the show starts
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Thu May 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Can't wait for Saturday! Lineup looks awesome and I'm glad to see the Hellcat is still slated to attend. Looks like a 40 percent chance of showers, which isn't bad, I just hope the ceiling is high enough for some flying.
0 x
Matt

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Sat May 15, 2021 1:55 pm

Airshow has been called off today due to impending weather. Announcement was made on their facebook page

Hello Everyone,
We wish we had better news, but the decision has been made to cancel today’s event before too many people start the long journeys in. The weather forecast just isn’t looking good and now they’re anticipating higher rain totals in our area. We don’t want people getting stuck in our grass lots and also not being able to see any aircraft fly. The ceilings are not anticipated to clear to be able to fly this afternoon. Any one in the vicinity of the airport, you’ll still be able to see the aircraft but we are not pressing forward with our official schedule.

We appreciate the understanding and your support.

0 x
Dan Gagnon

Return to “2021 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”