Skyswarm, Stanford Hall - UK

Discussion relating to 2021 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Flightline Uk

Skyswarm, Stanford Hall - UK

Post by Flightline Uk » Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 am

The display flying season got underway during the last weekend in April at the picturesque Standford Hall Estate in Leicestershire. Skyswarm was a new 'hybird' drive-in event blending displays from a couple of full sized aircraft with those from a Drone swarm, lasers and fireworks. Alex Smee opened the flying with a graceful routine of aerobatics and sweeping passes in Spitfire IXT ML407 during Sunset. As darkness fell it was then time for Guy Westgate's pyrotechnic display in a K21 Glider which ended with an impressive wall of colour. A full review and more images can be found HERE.

https://www.air-shows.org.uk/2021/04/re ... ford-hall/
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Mon May 03, 2021 11:59 am

If they want to go down this road, I can see Skyswarm becoming a major season-opener event. Add a handful more aerial displays to fill the 1hr gap between the Spitfire and Aerosparx, increase the size of the drone swarm (which will happen anyway) and the job's a good'un. Shame the Spitfire was so high and distant but, in all other respects, it was a very enjoyable evening. And while I'm assured by its creators that the firework show at the end wasn't one of their finest, I thought it was probably the best privately-run fireworks show I've seen in years. Such fantastically vivid colours!

This was my view of Guy's low pass:
GUY_LOWPASS.gif
GUY_LOWPASS.gif (9.57 MiB) Viewed 1926 times
Last edited by Adam on Mon May 03, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Return to “2021 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”