2021 USAF Thunderbirds Schedule

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:42 pm

zigtronics wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:42 pm Heard Rhode Island was getting the Thunderbirds as well
That's awesome. Where did you hear that?
0 x

zigtronics

Post by zigtronics » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:27 pm

Rhode Island has cancelled
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:05 pm

The Thunderbirds are headed to El Centro this week for joint training with the Blue Angels
https://airshowstuff.com/v4/2021/usaf-t ... ue-angels/

TB8 is already on the ground!

0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:31 pm

The Thunderbirds have arrived at El Centro.
We’ve arrived at NAF El Centro to begin our joint training with the @usnavyblueangels 🚀. We’ll spend the next two weeks getting valuable practice time over scenery and sharing best practices with our favorite Navy demonstration team 🔥
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:53 pm

Teamwork makes the dream work so long as your dream is putting on sweet air shows 🚀

With day 2 of flying in the 📚! Safe to say the joint training with the U.S. Navy Blue Angels is going smooth!
0 x

awal2049

Post by awal2049 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:46 pm

In case you haven't seen the videos from El Centro, it looks like they're practicing a drastically different routine for 2021. Mostly just rearranged, but it has a few new maneuvers and some that appear to have been axed. It's possible this was something they are just doing for training, but it was the same order every practice. Posting the videos from Mr60mikes (mkblues' other YouTube channel).

This is the sequence of high show maneuvers I noted from the videos. I have yet to see a demonstration guide/maneuver package for 2021, so this may not be completely accurate. If anyone has any more info, please fill in. Also, the solo's maneuvers (only one was practicing) were ordered differently every practice, so I'm leaving those blank for now.

Diamond takeoff / Loop on takeoff
Solo Roll on Takeoff
Solo Max Climb/Split S
Diamond Cloverloop Opener
Solos Crossover Break
Diamond PIR
(Solo maneuver 1)
Diamond Roll/Flat Pass
(Solo maneuver 2)
Echelon PIR
(Solo maneuver 3)
Bon Ton Roulle
(Solo maneuver 4)
Trail to Diamond BUP
(Solo maneuver 5)
Trail to Diamond Cloverloop & Sneak #1
High Alpha Pass? (not performed, but I assumed this is where it goes)
Low Bomb Burst
4/5-Card Loop
Muscle Climb
Line Break Loop/Stinger Break Cross
MRT & Half Cuban 8 & Sneak #2 (not performed)
Diamond 270
Delta Rejoin
Delta BUP
Delta Roll
Delta Loop
Delta Burst
High Bomb Burst
Diamond Rejoin/Pitch
Reflection Pass (not performed)
Delta Blue out Pitch to Land (not performed)

New Maneuvers:
Stinger Break Cross - Low/Flat show alternative to the Line Break Loop, where the Diamond-Stinger approaches from behind. The diamond and solo separate, and each turn 270° to cross in an opposing pass, similar to the high low pass, but head-on. During these practices, the slot was acting as the stinger.
Diamond 270 - 270° formation turn starting from behind crowd, ending from right to left (the low opener)

No longer flying:
Line to Diamond Loop
Arrowhead Loop
Trail to Diamond Roll
High Low Pass
Last edited by awal2049 on Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:12 pm

awal2049 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:46 pm In case you haven't seen the videos from El Centro, it looks like they're practicing a drastically different routine for 2021. Mostly just rearranged, but it has a few new maneuvers and some that appear to have been axed. It's possible this was something they are just doing for training, but it was the same order every practice. Posting the videos from Mr60mikes (mkblues' other YouTube channel).

This is the sequence of high show maneuvers I noted from the videos. I have yet to see a demonstration guide/maneuver package for 2021, so this may not be completely accurate. If anyone has any more info, please fill in. Also, the solo's maneuvers (only one was practicing) were ordered differently every practice, so I'm leaving those blank for now.

Diamond takeoff / Loop on takeoff
Solo Roll on Takeoff
Solo Max Climb/Split S
Diamond Cloverloop Opener
Solos Crossover Break
Diamond PIR
(Solo maneuver 1)
Diamond Roll/Flat Pass
(Solo maneuver 2)
Echelon PIR
(Solo maneuver 3)
Bon Ton Roulle
(Solo maneuver 4)
Trail to Diamond BUP
(Solo maneuver 5)
Trail to Diamond Cloverloop & Sneak #1
High Alpha Pass? (not performed, but I assumed this is where it goes)
Low Bomb Burst
4/5-Card Loop
Muscle Climb
Line Break Loop/Stinger Break Cross
MRT & Half Cuban 8 & Sneak #2 (not performed)
Diamond 270
Delta Rejoin
Delta BUP
Delta Roll
Delta Loop
Delta Burst
High Bomb Burst
Diamond Rejoin/Pitch
Reflection Pass (not performed)
Delta Blue out Pitch to Land (not performed)

New Maneuvers:
Stinger Break Cross - Low/Flat show alternative to the Line Break Loop, where the Diamond-Stinger approaches from behind. The diamond and solo separate, and each turn 270° to cross in an opposing pass, similar to the high low pass, but head-on. During these practices, the slot was acting as the stinger.
Diamond 270 - 270° formation turn starting from behind crowd, ending from right to left (the low opener)

No longer flying:
Line to Diamond Loop
Arrowhead Loop
Trail to Diamond Roll
High Low Pass
Fantastic write up! I've been hearing bits and pieces of info on a new routine for weeks now but have yet to sit down and watch their practices so I really appreciate the summary.

I have been told that the show will be a bit shorter (just like the Blues - perhaps this was part of the "information exchange"?) and that it is mostly a rearranging of existing maneuvers but with some new wrinkles and extra sneak passes. I also heard that the diamond has changed their lineup references for the pass in review, so they should be a bit tighter than in the past.

I'm glad they took the extra practice time last year to revamp things, but disappointed to not see some cool new maneuvers. Does anyone really care about a Diamond 270?

With vaccines rolling out ahead of schedule, I will have to start studying the routine soon so I know what to film :)
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

dzirzow

Post by dzirzow » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:59 am

Anyone know when the Tbirds practice during week and where? Trying to get to my first red flag in little over a week and not sure you can watch. Thought I read they go to Creech?
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:49 pm

The team had a great week of practice over Nellis Air Force Base, perfecting our demonstration for the 2021 Show Season!

Next stop —> Joint Base Langley-Eustis on Monday! Catch us over the skies of Hampton, Virginia, March 23-25 as we certify the demo with Air Combat Command.

Big things are happening — who’s excited? 🤩🥳

United States Air Force
U.S. Air Force and Space Force Recruiting
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:49 am

Here are a couple videos of the Thunderbirds practicing their new routine at Nellis AFB which I found on Youtube (courtesy of Daniel Kaleikini).

0 x