2021 U.S Navy Demonstration Teams Schedule

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu May 20, 2021 12:49 am

MattEv14 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:18 am VFA-106 performed a practice demo at Oceana just last week. At a minimum they are at least continuing proficiency flights in the event their schedule is ever approved and truthfully who knows if that is going to happen being that we are almost into June at this point. The guy that commented on 106 not doing demos has a history of posting false information on jet team and air show pages, so I would take that with a grain of salt.

Matt
OH MY GOD I thought I recognized that dude. A few years ago he was insisting over and over that the F-16 demo went Mach 2 at the Cleveland airshow. He was even trash talking actual pilots saying that he knows more than them and rattling off a whole bunch of BS that isn't close to true. We had to ban him from the page. He is insane.

The underlaying statement may be true, but I doubt the Navy even knows what is going on at this point.
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

MattEv14

Post by MattEv14 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:20 am

LOL.. That would be him and Cleveland was one of the shows I was referring to. Thanks for backing me up on this although I assumed I wasn't the only one to witness this since the airshow community is a closely knit bunch.

You also hit the nail on the head. They might not be doing demos this year, but I don't think anyone knows what the hell is going on right now. I even asked some of the fairly reliable locals when I was recently spotting down there and nobody had any info. Demos have been very low priority for 106 in recent years due to the training tempo, but I am honestly surprised we haven't seen at least a limited schedule from them this year.

Matt
1 x

Maverick_Kenwei

Post by Maverick_Kenwei » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:42 am

Did the VFA-106 rhino demo really stop performing as of 2021?
0 x
Ken Wei

EricP

Post by EricP » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:59 pm

Maverick_Kenwei wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:42 am Did the VFA-106 rhino demo really stop performing as of 2021?
VFA-106 is performing the Super Hornet demo at Oceana this year, so I guess the short answer would be no.
1 x
Eric P.