Belgian Air Force A109 Display Team 2021

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
Flightline Uk

Belgian Air Force A109 Display Team 2021

Post by Flightline Uk » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:03 am

Last edited by Flightline Uk on Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:35 am

What a great scheme! The Belgians do such a good job of military solo displays, in every possible respect. A true credit to the Air Force.
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:08 pm

The 109 display I saw in Sanicole was absolutely astounding - perhaps even better than the Apache which I was greatly looking forward to. There is NOTHING comparable here in the US! Would love to see the paint in person
Last edited by RyanS on Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:01 pm

That looks like a sick paint scheme, to be frank, it has a better paint job than "Venom's" paint scheme, definitely would love to see that in-person someday, the only con is it's too far of a distance from my area. Might just be worth a trip sometime next year. The display Team (to say) really "Upped their game".
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:20 pm

Nick wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:01 pm That looks like a sick paint scheme, to be frank, it has a better paint job than "Venom's" paint scheme, definitely would love to see that in-person someday, the only con is it's too far of a distance from my area. Might just be worth a trip sometime next year. The display Team (to say) really "Upped their game".
Next year may be too late, the official announcement implies this scheme is for 2021 only. The A109 Display Team have a different scheme each year, although this one is the most colourful so far (see one of the previous schemes below).

0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:30 pm

Adam wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:20 pm Next year may be too late, the official announcement implies this scheme is for 2021 only. The A109 Display Team has a different scheme each year, although this one is the most colourful so far (see one of the previous schemes below).

I guess that being said, I can only just look at it virtually. Hopefully, they draw up another ideal paint scheme for next, could've evaluated they transfer annually to different paint schemes, to come to thought that seems similar to the Canadian Forces CF-18 Demo Team since outfit the jet with different paint schemes almost every year, and also doesn't the A109 Display Team perform at RIAT (RAF Fairford in general) every other year? I kind of straighten out that since it's ideally an International Airshow that includes a combination of Air Forces like the Luftwaffe, Royal Air Force, Belgian Air Component, U.S Air Force, and etc...
Last edited by Nick on Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:06 pm

Nick wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:30 pm I guess that being said, I can only just look at it virtually. Hopefully, they draw up another ideal paint scheme for next, could've evaluated they transfer annually to different paint schemes, to come to thought that seems similar to the Canadian Forces CF-18 Demo Team since outfit the jet with different paint schemes almost every year, and also doesn't the A109 Display Team perform at RIAT (RAF Fairford in general) every other year? I kind of straighten out that since it's ideally an International Airshow that includes a combination of Air Forces like the Luftwaffe, Royal Air Force, Belgian Air Component, U.S Air Force, and etc...
I'm struggling to understand some of that, I'm afraid, but to answer the question I think you're asking: The idea that certain teams display at RIAT "every other year" is really a bit of a myth. If such a pattern emerges, it's usually a coincidence and it doesn't last long. This team, for example, have performed at RIAT three times: 2012, 2016 and 2018 (albeit RIAT is not the best place to see this performance, because of the lack of flares).
0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Flightline Uk

Post by Flightline Uk » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:01 pm

Schedule now out:
June

24th – Florennes, Belgium

July

22nd-23rd – Koksijde, Belgium

August

20th-22nd – Meeting Aérien international de la Somme, Hauts de France, France

September

2th-5th – Bournemouth Air Festival, United Kingdom
10th-12th – International Sanicole Airshow, Belgium
18th-19th – NATO Days & Czech Air Force Days, Ostrava, Czech Republic
Last edited by Flightline Uk on Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x