No RAF Tutor solo in 2021

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.

Adam

Post by Adam » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:13 pm

I am surprised and disappointed that the team will be out of action all year. According to EASA's Airworthiness Directive, the problem relates to a rudder actuator hinge bracket detatching mid-flight. Subsequent investigations revealed that the bolts used to attach the hinge bracket to the structure of the aircraft (the same part used for the elevator and aileron) penetrates the structure far enough to make it unable to withstand high loads. This could lead to the in-flight detatchment of a control surface. Doubtless very serious, but the only restriction imposed by EASA is that every Grob 115 must be inspected prior to its next flight. If the problem is detected, they must perform the corrective action outlined in Grob's Service Bulletin, but I've been unable to find the SB so I'm not certain how onerous that corrective action is.
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator