2022 Aerospace Valley Airshow

Discussion relating to 2022 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
samoth97

Post by samoth97 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:47 pm

Does anyone have idea how the sonic boom performance is going happen? Is it going to be in the supersonic corridor (high altitude) and we are just going to hear it or is it going to be low and fast, visual (show center)?
Thanks!!!!

Looking forward to this air show!!!!
0 x

Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:59 pm

samoth97 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:47 pm Does anyone have idea how the sonic boom performance is going happen? Is it going to be in the supersonic corridor (high altitude) and we are just going to hear it or is it going to be low and fast, visual (show center)?
Thanks!!!!

Altitude. Will pretty much be a competition between the aircraft of who will reach Mach 1 first. The total effect on the ground will depend on weather conditions.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

ZenKusa

Post by ZenKusa » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:48 pm

samoth97 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:47 pm Does anyone have idea how the sonic boom performance is going happen? Is it going to be in the supersonic corridor (high altitude) and we are just going to hear it or is it going to be low and fast, visual (show center)?
Thanks!!!!

No way in hell are they going to break the sound barrier at low altitude, that would lead to many destroyed ear drums and MANY lawsuits!
0 x

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:09 pm

ZenKusa wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:48 pm
Thanks!!!!

No way in hell are they going to break the sound barrier at low altitude, that would lead to many destroyed ear drums and MANY lawsuits!
There's something called ear plugs, at an average airshow, the speed regulation and limit is Mach 0.95 that's slightly inching forward to Mach 1, and there's been jets that previously have been pushing that limit at times: Mach 0.97 or 0.98, but the sound barrier traditionally was broken up at high altitudes, I mean yeah it would cool and all to see it low, but dude its doubtful. And I think the military legally doesn't have to ad hear to complaints, lawsuits are different thing compared to complaints.
0 x

ZenKusa

Post by ZenKusa » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:43 pm

Nick wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:09 pm
Thanks!!!!

There's something called ear plugs, at an average airshow, the speed regulation and limit is Mach 0.95 that's slightly inching forward to Mach 1, and there's been jets that previously have been pushing that limit at times: Mach 0.97 or 0.98, but the sound barrier traditionally was broken up at high altitudes, I mean yeah it would cool and all to see it low, but dude its doubtful. And I think the military legally doesn't have to ad hear to complaints, lawsuits are different thing compared to complaints.
The sonic booms would at the least blow out windows, considering all the vehicles that will be parking on base, Wellllll....
0 x

Airplanefreak2000

Post by Airplanefreak2000 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:13 pm

Airplanefreak2000 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:12 pm

Tell that to those of us who heard the sonic boom at Oshkosh last year from the F-16 Demo team. While it was an accident, he touched 1.0 and there was a concussive boom from it at low level. It shook houses knocking stuff off shelves and walls. Look up the cool video of the girl getting herself pushed sideways sitting in a B-25 cockpit at Oshkosh. While it was loud, to me it wasn’t much louder than a normal pyro boom. Trust me, I was in the pyro field when this happened and we were moving our wall of fire and we all thought we were dead. I think the concussive waves is what made it feel louder because you felt the “thump”.
2 x

Waka Photography

Post by Waka Photography » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:14 am

Airplanefreak2000 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:13 pm

Tell that to those of us who heard the sonic boom at Oshkosh last year from the F-16 Demo team. While it was an accident, he touched 1.0 and there was a concussive boom from it at low level. It shook houses knocking stuff off shelves and walls. Look up the cool video of the girl getting herself pushed sideways sitting in a B-25 cockpit at Oshkosh. While it was loud, to me it wasn’t much louder than a normal pyro boom. Trust me, I was in the pyro field when this happened and we were moving our wall of fire and we all thought we were dead. I think the concussive waves is what made it feel louder because you felt the “thump”.
Here's the link to the video Aaron is referencing. I've actually flown with her in a carbon cub before, she lives right down the road from me. :lol:
https://youtu.be/vZlTFzitir4

Stay safe,
Josh Walker
0 x

Tailwind_avphoto

Post by Tailwind_avphoto » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:39 pm

Does anyone have an idea of how the light is going to be. Backlit? Top lit?
0 x

ZenKusa

Post by ZenKusa » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:30 pm

Waka Photography wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:14 am
Airplanefreak2000 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:13 pm

Here's the link to the video Aaron is referencing. I've actually flown with her in a carbon cub before, she lives right down the road from me. :lol:
https://youtu.be/vZlTFzitir4

Stay safe,
Josh Walker
Fair enough, the only videos I've seen of the sonic boom made me think it was still transonic!
0 x

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:39 pm

Tailwind_avphoto wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:39 pm Does anyone have an idea of how the light is going to be. Backlit? Top lit?
Similar lightning to Miramar, however if you have like on the media passes, or photo passes I think they set up photo pits, but don't know.
0 x

Return to “2022 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”