EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2022

Discussion relating to 2022 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
GTBaker

Post by GTBaker » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:35 pm

Bulldogs851 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:01 pm Where will they be doing the webinar from? I watched the Warbird tube last night cause I thought it was tonight but the gentleman hosting said it would be early July
Here's the link to sign up (https://pages.eaa.org/WBN2022-06-29EAAA ... ation.html). It's through the main EAA website (not the Airventure site). The path is eaa.org>News and Media>EAA Webinars.
2 x

Jbloznalis

Post by Jbloznalis » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:47 pm

https://pages.eaa.org/WBN2022-06-29EAAA ... ation.html
click the link to register and they will send you a link via email to join the webinar.
1 x

Bulldogs851

Post by Bulldogs851 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:05 pm

Thank you everyone
1 x

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:44 pm

I usually attend the webinar but won't be able to tonight. Appreciate any notes anyone can share!
1 x
Matt

Jbloznalis

Post by Jbloznalis » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:09 pm

Will do.
0 x

runningmovies

Post by runningmovies » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:49 pm

Has anyone heard if they will live stream thought out the week this year? Really enjoyed that given I couldn't be there was disappointed they didn't do it last year.
0 x

Nate_Burrows

Post by Nate_Burrows » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:44 pm

runningmovies wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:49 pm Has anyone heard if they will live stream thought out the week this year? Really enjoyed that given I couldn't be there was disappointed they didn't do it last year.
The live Airshow stream will return this year, they announced that on one of the comments of their Facebook page last week.
0 x
Nate Burrows
@HawkeyeAvGeek on Instagram & TikTok

Nate_Burrows

Post by Nate_Burrows » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:26 am

Take Aways from the EAA Webinar tonight:

All USAF MAJCOMs Participating
Flight of the Cats (Hellcat, Wildcat, Bearcat, Tigercat)
Top Gun Maverick Fly In Theatre
USAF & Navy Aggressor Aircraft
Space: (NASA, Space-X, Stratolaunch)

Current Military Aircraft showing up either static:
KC-135,KC-46, C-5M, C-17, AH-6, MH-47, AH-64, UH-60, A-10C, F-5s, F-15Cs, F-16Cs, F/A-18Fs, CV-22 Osprey, T-6 Texan II, T-38s

Cool Aircraft:
JN-4 Jenny, J-1 Standard, U-2, 2 ME-109s, Boeing 777 EcoDemonstrator, F-100, MiG 29 (will flying later in the week), Delta Airlines A330-900, Airbus Perlan

Unique Flight Demos:
USMC MV-22 Osprey (Sat/Sun)
USAF C-17 Demo (Thurs/Sat/Sun)
USAF U-2 Profile (Wednesday)
USAF Special Ops Demo (Monday)
USAF Heritage Flight (Tues-Thurs/Sat/Sun)
USN Legacy Flight (Tues-Sun)
USN E-2 Hawkeye Demo (Fri/Sun)
Delta Airlines A330-900 (Tues)
United Airlines Demo (Tues)
Flight of the Cats (Wed/Fri)

Fly-In Movie Theatre:
Top Gun (sat)
The Big Lift (sun)
Air Force One (mon)
McConnell Story (tues)
Jet Pilot (Wed)
Wolf Hound (Thurs)
Top Gun Maverick (Friday)
Toward the Unknown (Sat)

Monday Airshow highlights:
Vans RV 50 Ship Flyover
Warbirds arrival airshow
Red Bull Air Force
NOLA F-15s Arrival
Bob Carlton Jet Glider
Paul Bennet Wolf Pitts

Tuesday Airshow Highlights:
Lift Aviation Hexa
Perlan II & Grob Egrett
Delta A330-900 Demo
United Airlines Demo
Big Warbird Show (Doc, T-34s, T-28s, Variety)
Homebuilts Review
F-35A Heritage Flight

Wednesday Airshow Highlights:
U-2 Demo & Unrestricted Departure
WomenVenture (Patty Wagstaff/Vicky Benzing/Jessy Panzer)
Heritage & Legacy Flights
Vintage Review
USAF Aggressor Arrival (Cool Paint Jobs)
Flight of the Cats

Wednesday Night Highlights:
Aeroshell
F-35A Demo & Heritage Flights
Randy Ball
Fireworks

Thursday Highlights:
C-17 Demo Team
KC-135 with Special Guests
Warbirds (Jet Day)
F-100
Kent Pietsch

Friday Airshow Highlights:
Flight of the Cats
Warbirds (Big Show)
Doc
E-2D Demo
F-35C Demo and Legacy Flight
Honor Flight Arrival

Saturday Airshow Highlights:
C-17 Demo
F-35A Demo & Heritage Flight
Warbirds (Big Show)
F-100
Class of '45
MV-22 Demo
Michael Goulian

Saturday Night Highlights:
E/A-18G and F-35C
Night Pyro Performers
Fireworks

Sunday Highlights:
Memorial Wall Flyover
F-35A Demo & Heritage Flight
F-35C Demo & Legacy Flight
E-2D Demo
MV-22 Demo
C-17 Demo
Skip Stewart
Substantial Military Departures
Last edited by Nate_Burrows on Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Nate Burrows
@HawkeyeAvGeek on Instagram & TikTok

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:28 am

My main takeaways:

Bombers: They said they would like to have bomber flyovers a couple of the days, but with current world events nothing has been able to commit yet.

Jet Teams: They said that the travel requirements between shows mean neither of the teams will be dropping by this year. With the Blues going from Milwaukee to Alaska (assuming no stop in Pensacola between) I am a little skeptical but he was pretty direct on this one.

U-2: Sounds like they are still working out what exactly it will do as part of the show.

Ospreys: They expect one of each Osprey type, the CV-22, MV-22, and the CMV-22. Seeing all 3 together would be pretty special so hopefully they overlap.

AFSOC demo: They mentioned an AFSOC demo on Monday but didn't specify any aircraft. I wonder if it will just be the CV-22 or if other aircraft will participate.

Mysteries: Dennis teased stuff at the Wednesday night show and something unusual Friday evening. The KC-135 is also noted as dragging in 'special guests'. I hate when they think they are being clever with the secrets because it just feeds insane rumors that bounce around everywhere.

Mig-29: The MiG-29 is expected to fly, Dennis said later in the week. Jet day is Thursday, but maybe (let the insane rumors begin) it will do something in the evening? Is it certified to fly after sunset?

I asked a question about whether the military stuff will arrive during the show or normal ops because I wanted them to have time for flybys. It wasn't really a question so much as a plea to make sure they give the jets enough time to show off. Every year the hype builds and they promise cool stuff, then we ended up pissed off because they only get time for an overhead and full stop or even straight ins. The answer was that they try to schedule them during the show but it doesn't always work, so sadly it sounds like business as normal.

For anyone who really wants to get the full thing, you can watch the recording of the webinar on the EAA site.
3 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:31 am

Thanks for posting the updates guys! Lots of interesting tidbits in there. I'm assuming the Me 109s will be the Erickson Collection aircraft with the Allison engine and Bruce Winter's new G-6 that recently emerged from restoration at Midwest Aviation. Really hoping the MiG-29 makes it in by Thursday. The F-15 and F-5 arrivals during the airshow will be great, I absolutely love when they are able to pull that off with military aircraft (and hopefully it happens). The U-2 demo and departure sound awesome, too.

This will be my first airshow since April due to a rainout and missing another show due to illness, so I'm especially anxious for some flying! Every trip to Oshkosh is special, but this year seems especially so with some particularly rare appearances.
Last edited by kalamazookid on Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Matt

Return to “2022 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”