Dominicm's Radio-Controlled Aircraft Videos

Discuss flight simulators, RC, models, and other aviation-related hobbies
dominicm

Post by dominicm » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:43 pm

Ghost Squadron led by John Greenfield demonstrate glider tow and the retractable power pod on a large scale glider on the Showline at the BMFA Power Nationals

0 x

dominicm

Post by dominicm » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:14 am

Dietmar and Chris are known for their amazing creativity when it comes to designing and building super light RC aeroplanes to be flown at shows in Germany...but this latest project is just brilliant. They give a flight demo outside and then they give me some insight into the inspiration, power system, vectored thrust, flight stabilisation and what the scale model will look like.

0 x

dominicm

Post by dominicm » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:12 am

FMS A-10 WARTHOG v2 converted to head tracked DJI FPV
Bit fiddly but it works ! Looking forward to the first formation flight with my fellow RC A-10 pilots...

0 x

dominicm

Post by dominicm » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:53 pm

Great fun filming this new J3 Cub in action. Unbox, assemble and fly. The air to air sequence at the end is by far my favourite bit. Jason and I are getting quite good at that now!

0 x

dominicm

Post by dominicm » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:58 pm

Airwold Me 262 flown at the Weston Park Model Airshow. Not just a fantastic build and scheme but Luke flies this in a superbly scale way.

0 x

dominicm

Post by dominicm » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:28 am

Sharing video of the first water trials of this amazing 1:4 scale twin turbine powered Convair Sea Dart created by The Little Jet Company.

The Convair F2Y Sea Dart was an American seaplane fighter aircraft that rode on twin hydro-skis during takeoff and landing. It flew only as a prototype, and never entered mass production. It is the only seaplane to have exceeded the speed of sound.

It was created in the 1950s, to overcome the problems with supersonic planes taking off and landing on aircraft carriers. The program was canceled after a series of unsatisfactory results and a tragic accident on 4 November 1954, in which test pilot Charles E. Richbourg was killed when the Sea Dart he was piloting disintegrated in midair. The four surviving planes were retired in 1957, but some were kept in reserve until 1962.

SPECIFICATION:
Length (including pitot tube): 5 meters
Power: Twin JetCat P300s
Guidance: Jeti Radio
Electronics: MKS servos on Flight controls. Savox waterproof servos on Water Rudder.
Weight: 100 kgs with fuel

0 x

dominicm

Post by dominicm » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:46 am

Piloted by Keith Mitchell, this model took 5 years of combined design and construction. This model aircraft was initially designed by Tony Nijhuis and part-built - was extensively rebuilt by Keith's modelling mate, Peter Johnson. Its initial flights were taken under the Large Model Association scheme (approved by the CAA) for model aircraft over 80KG. It underwent 12 test flights for combined flight time of more than 2 hours to get it's LMA\CAA certificate to fly at public shows.

During this flight at Elvington Keith was battling a strong gusty cross wind. The cross wind landing was extremely skilful and amazing to watch. Judging from his reaction I don't think Keith enjoyed it so much but the watching crowd were certainly very appreciative that he put on a good show.

Specifications of this fantastic model.
Wingspan: 21 Feet
Length: 19 Feet
Weight: 220 Lbs
Engines: 4 x ZDZ 90cc petrol
Props: 4 x 28 x 10 Biela Carbon
Radio: Futaba 14 Channel
Servos: 22 (13 channels for ailerons, elevator, rudder, flaps, throttle x 4, landing gear and lights)

0 x

dominicm

Post by dominicm » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:13 pm

Lou gives me some insight into the immense effort and skill that has gone into building this super scale replica of the Fieseler Storch. Some details I had not even spotted ! All other replicas don't get as close to the real thing as this model. Amazing detail.

0 x

dominicm

Post by dominicm » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:12 am

So clever. Combines the ease of flying a drone with the efficiency of flight. Vertical take off and landing with one button used to transition to regular flight and back to hover again. No moving control surfaces. Roll and yaw achieved through differential thrust. Integrated FPV with real time view streamed to the controller. Strangest and coolest thing I have flown in a while !

0 x

dominicm

Post by dominicm » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:46 pm

Not often you see something fresh and innovative. This is the NEW Jeemo. A performance glider with a 45N jet turbine engine INSIDE the fuselage. No wonder it's so quick and agile.

0 x