Selfridge ANGB Air Show & Open House: Celebrating 100 Years of Selfridge

Discussion relating to 2017 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Bretten Bailey

Selfridge ANGB Air Show & Open House: Celebrating 100 Years of Selfridge

Post by Bretten Bailey » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:26 pm

Selfridge ANGB Air Show/Open House: 100 Years of Selfridge
August 19th-20th, 2017
Selfridge ANGB, Michigan
www.teamselfridge.com

Performers: Updated Lineup (7/14/2017)
-United States Air Force Thunderbirds
-United States Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet Demo
-Selfridge Air National Guard Base A-10 Thunderbolt II's
-Selfridge Air National Guard Base KC-135
-Trojan Horsemen
-The Horsemen P-51 Team
-Colling's Foundation F-4 Phantom
-Dean Cutshall's F-100 Super Sabre
-Randy Ball FIGHTERJETS MiG-17F
-Greg Colyer "Ace Maker Airshows" in the T-33 Shooting Star "Ace Maker II"
-Joe Masessa "Mohawk Airshows" in the OV-1 Mohawk
-Commemorative Air Force Central Texas Wing's P-39 Airacobra "Miss Connie" & P-40 Warhawk
-Jerry Conley "Vampire Airshows" in the deHavilland DH 115 Vampire
-Paul Keppler F-86 Sabre
-Jack Roush's P-51 Mustang "Gentleman Jim"
-Commemorative Air Force P-51C Red Tail "Tuskegee Airmen"
-Vintage Wings of Canada's Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX
-Curtiss JN-4 Jenny
-Great War Flying Museum World War I Aircraft: Fokker Dr.1, Sopwith 1-1/2 Strutter, Nieuport 28, Royal Aircraft Factory SE5a
-Misty Blues All Woman Skydiving Team
-Buck Roetman "Wild Horse Aviation" Pitts
-Jacquie B in the Extra 300
-Pyro by Commemorative Air Force's TORA Bomb Squad

Static Displays/Activities (updated 7/14/17)
-US Air Force F-35 Lightning II
-US Air Force F-22 Raptor
-US Air Force C-17 Globemaster
-US Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcon
-Canadian Forces CF-18 Hornet
-US Navy F/A-18 Hornet
-US Navy P-3 Orion
-US Air Force F-15
-US Air Force T-38
-CAF Tuskegee P-51C & "Rise Above" Exhibit
-Tuskegee Air Men Museum T-6 & TG-4A Motor Gliders
-DreamBig LLC A-7D Corsair II Mobile Museum
-STEM Engagement Zone - Inspiring the Next Generation
-Kids Zone
Share your photos and discussion below.
Last edited by Bretten Bailey on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:26 am

This one looks really good. Interested to see what Lewis Air Legends is bringing ... guessing P-38 since Selfridge is in the running to get the F-35. A F-35/P-38 display on the tarmac would be a heck of a promotion!
0 x
Matt

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:37 am

kalamazookid wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:26 am This one looks really good. Interested to see what Lewis Air Legends is bringing ... guessing P-38 since Selfridge is in the running to get the F-35. A F-35/P-38 display on the tarmac would be a heck of a promotion!
Good thinking, it will be interesting to see the details. I doubt they would send the F-22 or F-16 to a Thunderbirds show, so would they send just the F-35 for a heritage flight? I was discussing the same situation with some people last night about the show in Melbourne.

This one has not been on my radar in particular but I may get back in town for it.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Chicago had the F-35 along with the Thunderbirds last year, so that's at least possible. I don't think ACC would send the F-22 or F-16 to a Thunderbirds show though. I don't recall there being any Thunderbirds shows last year that got a single-ship demo.

I haven't been to a show at Selfridge since 2005, and I haven't been to a show at a military base since I went to Shaw in 2012. The main draw for me is the opportunity so see some military hardware, even if most of it is static. I like the vintage jet acts they've booked so far. A Heritage Flight or a TAC demo would round things out nicely.
0 x
Matt

captmjk16

Post by captmjk16 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:09 am

RyanS wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:37 am
kalamazookid wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:26 am This one looks really good. Interested to see what Lewis Air Legends is bringing ... guessing P-38 since Selfridge is in the running to get the F-35. A F-35/P-38 display on the tarmac would be a heck of a promotion!
Good thinking, it will be interesting to see the details. I doubt they would send the F-22 or F-16 to a Thunderbirds show, so would they send just the F-35 for a heritage flight? I was discussing the same situation with some people last night about the show in Melbourne.

This one has not been on my radar in particular but I may get back in town for it.
They did have the F-35 alongside the T-Birds at Ft. Lauderdale this past March too, so there is some history of that.
0 x

Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:26 pm

Unfortunately, an ACC asset was never on the table for the event. However, all will still be well. A very good warbird contingent will be present at the show. In addition to the already announced parts of the lineup, the Commemorative Air Force Central Texas Wing's P-39 Airacobra "Miss Connie" will be participating. Vintage military, particularly those with a rich history in the Air Force as well as at Selfridge, are a main focus of this year's show.
0 x

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:31 pm

Great news on the P-39! I will never pass up an opportunity to see that in the midwest. I'm still kicking myself for not being able to stay late enough to see it fly at Oshkosh this past year. I figure the Yankee Air Force fleet will probably be on hand as well, even if they're not flying in the show itself.
0 x
Matt

Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:56 pm

And the warbird additions continue with the confirmation of The Bremont Horsemen (3x P-51)
0 x

natedunning1993

Post by natedunning1993 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:27 am

Hearing the Coast Guard will be doing a SAR demo with an MH-65 and the Army will display the Chinook. Any truth to that or am I perhaps getting into static displays? Which anyone know when and where I can find a list of static display for Selfridge?
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:04 am

natedunning1993 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:27 am Hearing the Coast Guard will be doing a SAR demo with an MH-65 and the Army will display the Chinook. Any truth to that or am I perhaps getting into static displays? Which anyone know when and where I can find a list of static display for Selfridge?
A SAR demo would not be surprising, I think that is typically part of the show there. I don't recall seeing a Chinook fly during the show except to drop some parachuters once. They definitely will have one on static even if none fly.

I expect the statics will be pretty decent as there is a large ramp and the rules have been relaxed a bit this year. I assume they will have a list up once the show is closer.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Return to “2017 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”