MAAM WWII Weekend 2020 (CANCELLED)

Discussion relating to 2020 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
n33d4sp33d_85

MAAM WWII Weekend 2020 (CANCELLED)

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:08 am

MAAM WWII Weekend 2020
July 31st thru August 2nd (PROPOSED DATES)
Reading Regional Airport
Reading, Pennsylvania
http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:28 pm

Initial aircraft list posted: http://www.maam.org/wwii/ww2_acft.htm.

Highlights include both B-29s, B-24, Zero, Hellcat, P-38 and more.
0 x
Matt

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:20 pm

I actually looked up the drive time to this one based on their post today. Will have to see how things play out with other shows
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:47 pm

RyanS wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:20 pm I actually looked up the drive time to this one based on their post today. Will have to see how things play out with other shows
I've had this one on my list for a while. I don't think this will be the year since I'm already committing enough vacation time to airshows between Chino and Oshkosh, but it sure looks good.
0 x
Matt

Sam

Post by Sam » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:34 pm

Unfortunately, the March 27th roster update has dropped :
B25 Yankee Warrior
B24 Diamond Lil
B29 Fifi

CAF B24 B29 Squadron also posted on FB they have delayed the start of their tour season due to COVID-19.
0 x

NEAirMuseums

Post by NEAirMuseums » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Latest statement from the WWII Weekend Website:

THE SHOW MUST GO ON - BUT MAYBE NOT ON TIME

The Mid Atlantic Air Museum's 30th Annual WWII Weekend will take place.

However, like every other large public event scheduled to take place in the coming weeks and months, it may have to be postponed. Federal, State and local government recommendations, restrictions, and laws, not to mention common sense about public health and safety, will dictate when we can reschedule the event.

Everyone is in the same Covid-19 boat, and that applies to airshow operators. We at MAAM are already working with other International Council of Airshow (ICAS) member-operators to coordinate the uncertain future as best we can to the benefit of all concerned. Due to the complexity of the situation, including the fact that nearly all the aircraft we see at our shows are slated to appear at others, throughout the airshow season, none of us can just pick a date out of the blue.

Please be patient, as aggravating as that may be. We can assure you that no one is more anxious and no one is more committed to bringing our unique , three-decade-old event to all of you this summer than are all of the staff and volunteers of MAAM. We will keep you updated here, as well as on MAAM's official Facebook page.

Thank you, and please keep yourselves and your families safe so we can see you all in Reading this summer.

https://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:15 pm

WWII Weekend has been postponed to later this summer.
The Mid Atlantic Air Museum’s 30th annual World War II Weekend

Major Announcement

The Mid Atlantic Air Museum has been forced to postpone its’ 30th Annual World War II Weekend which had been scheduled for June 5-6-7, 2020 due to the Covid-19 virus and the restrictions that have been placed on all of us to keep the public safe and beat the virus. Pennsylvania’s Governor announced yesterday, (April 20th) that although the State is entering phase I of the recovery process as proposed by the Federal government, all large gatherings must be postponed until all four phases of the recovery have been accomplished. It is unknown how long each phase will take to go thru since each phase requires the complete cooperation of the general public and continued eradication of the virus.

The Museum has been busy over the last month and a half contacting all of its vendors, hotel, entertainers, aircraft operators, security services, parking crew, bus service, toilet company, etc.: literally hundreds of contacts, in an effort to select proposed new dates to hold the event At this time it appears that JULY 31st, AUGUST 1 and 2 are dates that will work for everyone. However, this remains ONLY a proposal since the State must relax its restriction on large gatherings.

We at the Mid Atlantic Air Museum appreciate your loyalty and interest in World War II Weekend. Please be assured that the Museum is committed to bringing a high quality event back to you as soon as it is safe to do so.

RUSS STRINE, PRESIDENT
MID ATLANTIC AIR MUSEUM
1 x

NEAirMuseums

Post by NEAirMuseums » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:01 am

It is with incredible sadness that I must report that WWII Weekend has been cancelled for this year. :cry:
The Mid-Atlantic Air Museum regrets to inform you that the 30th Annual World War II Weekend Airshow has been cancelled. We have been forced to do this, as a result of state government restrictions on large gatherings. Please take a moment to watch this address from Museum President, Russ Strine. We encourage you to donate to the Museum’s GoFundMe, to help us keep the Museum open. We look forward to seeing you at our next World War II Weekend, with your support we can make that happen.
https://www.facebook.com/midatlancticai ... 6315008933
0 x

Return to “2020 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”