New York Air Show 2020

Discussion relating to 2020 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:45 pm

Chris S wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:59 pm I'll be very surprised is this shows actually happens after the Governor of New York canceled the annual NY State Fair this week.
Plus NASCAR had to move their race from Watkins Glen, NY to Daytona in August also since they're unable to meet New York's
quarantine requirements for out-of-state visitors, and with the Thunderbirds being based in Nevada, that state is on New York's
14 day quarantine list too unfortunately. The F-22 and F-18 Super Hornet Demo teams should be OK since they're both based in
Virginia, cause that state isn't on NY's 14 day quarantine list right now. Hopefully the show will post an update soon about all
these Covid-19 concerns with the NY Governor's office.
Excellent points. As cases increase and restrictions return, hope of getting a few shows in at the end of the year is fading
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

jpujol

Post by jpujol » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:05 pm

I think this show has an excellent shot at happening.

They have sold less tickets (sold out before July 4th).

All parking will be within walking distance (no buses).

They recommend masks.

No cash (only credit cards).

What I would like to know is whether the F-22 Demo Team will set-up their tent and sell their swag? I hope so, but not surprised if they don't.

How about Thunderbird autographs after show? I think no.

Probably no performer interaction at all.

Overall, should be a nice show with Thunderbirds, F-22 and Super Hornet.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:27 pm

0 x

zigtronics

Post by zigtronics » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:29 pm

NY Airshow to be held at Orange County Airport as reported by Midhudsonnews.com
It may be staged like a drive in.
0 x

zigtronics

Post by zigtronics » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:32 pm

From Midhudsonnew.com
GOSHEN – The New York International Air Show set for late next month will not be held at New York Stewart International Airport as it has for years, but rather at the much smaller Orange County Airport in Montgomery

The show is scheduled for August 29 and 30, but the site will be changed. Officials said a final decision has not been made as to if the event will be held this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

County Executive Steven Neuhaus said it will have smaller attendance and will take on the look of a drive-in movie with parked cars full of attendees.

He said tickets must be purchased in advance and anyone who moves away from their vehicle for bathroom use or to buy food will have to wear a face covering.

The protections will be in place because of the coronavirus pandemic.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:25 pm

The organizers of the NY Air Show just posted this on their Facebook page.
UPDATE! We've received an influx of inquires as a result of an article published in the Times Herald-Record that contained some inaccurate information. It combined rumors and some outdated comments taken out of context to try to make their story appear official. We are very close to making an official announcement. As of now the show is on schedule for August 29-30. Please be patient as we work through the very complex process of bringing the 2020 edition of the show together in the era of social distancing. 🇺🇸
https://www.facebook.com/airshowny/phot ... &__tn__=-R
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:23 am

0 x

Chris S

Post by Chris S » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:11 pm

FYI - Gov. Andrew Cuomo just added 10 more States today, including Virginia, that now meet the state's metrics to qualify for the advisory. The advisory "demands" travelers to quarantine for 14 days, so it looks like there will be a problem with both the F-22 Raptor and F-18 Super Hornet Demo teams performing at the NY Air Show also unless they're able to get a waiver ?? Anyway, It will be interesting to see if this "Drive-In" show can still actually happen with all these hurdles.
0 x

Al B

Post by Al B » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:24 pm

zigtronics wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:32 pm From Midhudsonnew.com
GOSHEN – The New York International Air Show set for late next month will not be held at New York Stewart International Airport as it has for years, but rather at the much smaller Orange County Airport in Montgomery

The show is scheduled for August 29 and 30, but the site will be changed. Officials said a final decision has not been made as to if the event will be held this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

County Executive Steven Neuhaus said it will have smaller attendance and will take on the look of a drive-in movie with parked cars full of attendees.

He said tickets must be purchased in advance and anyone who moves away from their vehicle for bathroom use or to buy food will have to wear a face covering.

The protections will be in place because of the coronavirus pandemic.
No confirmation there will be a show, check. No confirmation as to its location yet either, check. I know this is an enormous task, in a non COVID year. Given the dozens of other airshows cancelled worldwide, I would be happy for the NYAS to take place at either airport, double check. However I did purchase a ticket in the Photo Pit at Stewart and did so for a specific reason.

If the organizers were not be able to recreate a similar, unobstructed shooting area at OCA, I'm not sure it'd be worth be going. The vision I have from shooting in an area, around mine and other vehicles, is down right ugly as a photographer....gotta be honest. At that point I'd have to try and sell my tix for what I could. One step at a time though, let's make sure it's being held and we can go on from there. #fingerscrossed
0 x

jpujol

Post by jpujol » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:01 pm

Looks like it is official: NY Airshow will be at OC Airport.

It will not be "drive-in show" but looks like there will be seats and you have to stay in the seats.

No statics or exhibits. Only flying.

Looks like NO General Admission. It will be Flight Line Club VIP or Preferred Seating. If you purchased a General Admission ticket you will have to upgrade to VIP or Preferred OR transfer tickets to 2021.

I want to know if the jets will be taking off from Stewart or OC Airport? Will there be a crowd line or you have to stay in your seat?

Will the F-22 Demo Team set up their tent to sell swag?
0 x

Return to “2020 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”