New York Air Show 2020

Discussion relating to 2020 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Al B

Post by Al B » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:37 pm

jpujol wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:01 pm Looks like it is official: NY Airshow will be at OC Airport.

It will not be "drive-in show" but looks like there will be seats and you have to stay in the seats.

No statics or exhibits. Only flying.

Looks like NO General Admission. It will be Flight Line Club VIP or Preferred Seating. If you purchased a General Admission ticket you will have to upgrade to VIP or Preferred OR transfer tickets to 2021.

I want to know if the jets will be taking off from Stewart or OC Airport? Will there be a crowd line or you have to stay in your seat?

Will the F-22 Demo Team set up their tent to sell swag?
Thank you for the heads up. The NYAS website confirms the info you provided. It will be interesting to see what logistical and scheduling changes will occur now too, some you've already brought up!

Al
0 x

Kittyhawk

Post by Kittyhawk » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:51 pm

jpujol wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:01 pm Looks like it is official: NY Airshow will be at OC Airport.

It will not be "drive-in show" but looks like there will be seats and you have to stay in the seats.

No statics or exhibits. Only flying.

Looks like NO General Admission. It will be Flight Line Club VIP or Preferred Seating. If you purchased a General Admission ticket you will have to upgrade to VIP or Preferred OR transfer tickets to 2021.

I want to know if the jets will be taking off from Stewart or OC Airport? Will there be a crowd line or you have to stay in your seat?

Will the F-22 Demo Team set up their tent to sell swag?
Source??
0 x

Al B

Post by Al B » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:32 pm

0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:27 am

Following remarks by Governor Cuomo on his press call today, the State of New York is actively engaged with Orange County Government on a modified Drive In format that can allow the event to go forward on August 29-30 at Orange County Airport. We will have more information to share in the next 48 hours and will be in contact with current ticket holders on multiple options. We apologize for the lack of information over the past month as we have continued to seek fidelity on a plan that would allow the event to take place. Please be patient with us for a few more days following this breaking news.
https://www.facebook.com/airshowny/phot ... &__tn__=-R
0 x

MadisonMike

Post by MadisonMike » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:35 pm

And....of course I just purchased tickets for this thinking it was pretty well locked down with only a couple weeks to go. But nope Cuomo has to make his presence known. The NYAS was taking extensive procedures to comply with Covid restrictions, but it seems it was not up to some unknown NYS standards.
0 x

MadisonMike

Post by MadisonMike » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:30 pm

New format is official, and new ticket structure is up. As for the fools that bought tickets, like me. Your ticket is good for 2021. New tickets can be purchased for $99 or $179 for front row. For ticket holders (now the 2021 show) they are offering a $20 discount.

https://airshowny.com/drive-in-2020/

1 x

jpujol

Post by jpujol » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:39 pm

Anybody know if the performers are staging from Stewart or OC Airport?
0 x

MadisonMike

Post by MadisonMike » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:55 pm

From what I can gather the jets will be coming from Stewart. No updates on the status or plans of any other performers. I doubt anyone knows what is going to happen right now. All I do know is that my tickets were pushed to the 2021 show, which I am not happy about. Who knows if there will be a show or who is performing and by then the promoter could be AWOL or out of business and I am out money.
As for this years show, I got a car pass. I figured why not since there are no other shows and I have been wanting to get out and shoot something. My camera is gathering dust since all this shutdown has begun. There are only so many birds in my back yard to shoot. :lol:
1 x

MadisonMike

Post by MadisonMike » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:00 pm

One other item, from the site there may be another military performer. With almost every show cancelled, there are demo teams and hardware not being flown. I won't speculate and will welcome any addition.
The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds will headline the event featuring the F-22 Raptor Demo Team as previously announced. An additional signature military fighter jet demo is pending and will be added to the performer line up in the next week.
0 x

Chris S

Post by Chris S » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:05 am

I also noticed the Super Hornet Demo is no longer on the show's performer list ? :(
BTW, from the drawing on their new "Drive-In" page it looks like the F-35 Demo team
might be the other Air Force Demo team to be added too possibly? It's too bad they can't
get either the A-10 or F-16 Viper Demo also with their special paint schemes! :D
0 x

Return to “2020 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”