Midlands Air Festival 2023

Discussion relating to 2023 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Adam

Post by Adam » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:59 pm

Day 2.

The Gazelle Squadron and Team Raven were the major highlights for me. The 4-ship Gazelle routine is very entertaining, while Team Raven just get better and better. The two teams joined up for a combined fixed and rotary wing flypast, including a lovely 10-ship on-crowd split.

Also, this is from yesterday but it seems remiss of me not to post anything of the Red Arrows' new 8-ship display.
1 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Adam

Post by Adam » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:25 pm

Day 3.

The long-awaited Draken made what turned out to be a very brief appearance indeed. A last minute change of operating base and ATC delays enroute meant that fuel reserves were extremely limited by the time it got to us, and it had to break off after three passes. Nonetheless, amazing to see one of the Swedish AF Historic Flight's jets performing at a UK overland airshow for the first time since 2014.

But the runaway star of the show for me and many others was Team Raven, with a new and even more dynamic 6-ship routine that is probably the most seamless, action-packed piece of airshow choreography I can remember seeing from a UK team.
1 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Adam

Post by Adam » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:08 pm

Highlights of the show! Ragley Hall's magic atmosphere plus MAF's best line up yet made for a fantastic and very memorable three days.

0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Adam

Post by Adam » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:06 pm

Final post from MAF '23 - a 60 minute Airshow Dispatches film showing all of the daytime flying display highlights. MAF returns on the 7th-9th June 2024.

0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Return to “2023 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”