2024 Space Coast Warbird Airshow (CANCELLED)

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
n33d4sp33d_85

2024 Space Coast Warbird Airshow (CANCELLED)

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:20 am

2024 Space Coast Warbird Airshow
March 23rd - 24th
Space Coast Regional Airport
Titusville, Florida

Featured Performers
- B-25 Mitchell “Killer B”
- C-45 Expeditor
- C-47 Skytrain “Tico Belle”
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Eaglefan91

Post by Eaglefan91 » Tue May 30, 2023 6:49 pm

It's been a while. First off just wanted to let you all know I'm no longer volunteering with this show due to work and travel. I do have some reliable sources telling me they are still working hard on getting a decent lineup together for next year though. Last years 22' event was contracted out to a airshow production company rather than the Valiant Air Command Inc. organizing it.

For next year I was told the VAC will be again taking on full planning for the event- this'll be the first time since 2019 and COVID they've done so. Nothing is set in stone yet as far as confirmed performers-though the museums C-47 Tico Belle, C-45 and B-25 Killer B will definitely be participating. The XP-82 Twin Mustang and F-86 "Beautous Butch" Sabre are currently hangared at the Museum so it would not be a stretch to consider them confirmed in some capacity either static or flying unless both are sold before March next year. Runway 9/27 has been fixed/repaved after the Jet Car mishap in 2019 which will allow for taxiing near the crowd line as in years past. I'm cautiously optimistic for next years event. I would expect a healthier showing of the classic warbirds along with some more exotic participants that were rather sparse in 2022 and live pyro again. Possibly not as strong of an active military participants considering the big banner events going on that same weekend. I'll try my best to update here if I hear anything official-right now any information would amount to speculation on my part unless they announce via Facebook or the website. I have suggested they try and book the Tennessee based P-47s, and Texas based F7F if available and of course the one of the local F-104's as they seem to be operating a lot more frequently this year and are only a few miles down the road.
3 x

KC_Aviation

Post by KC_Aviation » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:03 am

I always keep an eye on this one in hopes of the F-104 returning to a US airshow. Thanks for the info...now the long wait!
0 x

Ken91

Post by Ken91 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:24 pm

That's good to hear that the VAC will be planning the 2024 show. The other shows I've gone to have been great. I was disappointed in the 2022 show (not run by VAC).
0 x

Tailwind_avphoto

Post by Tailwind_avphoto » Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:06 am

Eaglefan91 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:49 pm It's been a while. First off just wanted to let you all know I'm no longer volunteering with this show due to work and travel. I do have some reliable sources telling me they are still working hard on getting a decent lineup together for next year though. Last years 22' event was contracted out to a airshow production company rather than the Valiant Air Command Inc. organizing it.

For next year I was told the VAC will be again taking on full planning for the event- this'll be the first time since 2019 and COVID they've done so. Nothing is set in stone yet as far as confirmed performers-though the museums C-47 Tico Belle, C-45 and B-25 Killer B will definitely be participating. The XP-82 Twin Mustang and F-86 "Beautous Butch" Sabre are currently hangared at the Museum so it would not be a stretch to consider them confirmed in some capacity either static or flying unless both are sold before March next year. Runway 9/27 has been fixed/repaved after the Jet Car mishap in 2019 which will allow for taxiing near the crowd line as in years past. I'm cautiously optimistic for next years event. I would expect a healthier showing of the classic warbirds along with some more exotic participants that were rather sparse in 2022 and live pyro again. Possibly not as strong of an active military participants considering the big banner events going on that same weekend. I'll try my best to update here if I hear anything official-right now any information would amount to speculation on my part unless they announce via Facebook or the website. I have suggested they try and book the Tennessee based P-47s, and Texas based F7F if available and of course the one of the local F-104's as they seem to be operating a lot more frequently this year and are only a few miles down the road.
I would be really nice to have the F-104 make and appearance. Like someone else said I don't think it would be out of the question.... they have been flying a good bit. they even shipped one to Rome, Italy for the 100th Anniversary Airshow. I think they can go right down the road.

I would also like to see more DC-3s/C-53s/C-47s. Im not sure if "Tico Bell" is DC-3 Society/D-Day Squadron or not.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:03 pm

Event cancelled according to the 2024 ICAS calendar.
0 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”