NAS Oceana Air Show 2023

Discussion relating to 2023 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Post Reply
jpujol
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by jpujol » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:21 pm

If anybody has access to the show grounds before the show, take some photos and post. Would love to see the set-up.
0 x

Just Dave
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by Just Dave » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:35 pm

Anyone know when the Blue Angels will be doing circle & arrival and practice this week?
0 x

DevenV1717
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:48 am

Post by DevenV1717 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:04 pm

Just Dave wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:35 pm Anyone know when the Blue Angels will be doing circle & arrival and practice this week?
Looks like the Notams have it listed as the circle and arrivals will be Thursday with the air space closed from 12-2. Then it has them practicing Thursday at 3. Also 3 o clock on Friday.
1 x

User avatar
zone5
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:41 am
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Post by zone5 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:04 am

we got a B-52 from Minot for static! She just landed a little while ago and there is a video of it taxing on Oceana's IG page...
0 x
BULLETS RULE!

DevenV1717
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:48 am

Post by DevenV1717 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:04 am

Just saw a B-52 from minot AFB land to be a static display!
0 x

User avatar
zone5
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:41 am
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Post by zone5 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:12 am

DevenV1717 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:15 pm I wish they would reach out and try to get the growler demo team to come out to replace the 35C
Funny thing is that i THINK VAQ-129 is currently out this way on a boat CQ det. Heard the callsign VIKING 512 this weekend along with some ROMAN going out to a ship off the coast (not sure what boat). Maybe they can leave a Growler or two with a trained demo crew haha. (i wish).
1 x
BULLETS RULE!

DevenV1717
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:48 am

Post by DevenV1717 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:17 am

zone5 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:12 am
DevenV1717 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:15 pm I wish they would reach out and try to get the growler demo team to come out to replace the 35C
Funny thing is that i THINK VAQ-129 is currently out this way on a boat CQ det. Heard the callsign VIKING 512 this weekend along with some ROMAN going out to a ship off the coast (not sure what boat). Maybe they can leave a Growler or two with a trained demo crew haha. (i wish).
That would be perfect 😂😂id even take them as a static display honestly 😂
0 x

User avatar
zone5
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:41 am
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Post by zone5 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:21 am

DevenV1717 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:17 am
zone5 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:12 am
DevenV1717 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:15 pm I wish they would reach out and try to get the growler demo team to come out to replace the 35C
Funny thing is that i THINK VAQ-129 is currently out this way on a boat CQ det. Heard the callsign VIKING 512 this weekend along with some ROMAN going out to a ship off the coast (not sure what boat). Maybe they can leave a Growler or two with a trained demo crew haha. (i wish).
That would be perfect 😂😂id even take them as a static display honestly 😂
same! Slim chance we might have a 160th SOAR bird on display. They usually come on det with the USAF CV-22/MC-130's a week or so after the show. I cant remember if it was last year or the year before they had a MH-6 Little Bird on static
0 x
BULLETS RULE!

benz240
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 22, 2023 10:08 pm

Post by benz240 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:43 pm

Huge bummer that the F35 is cancelled. That was one of the main reasons I was going. Any idea why this happened?
0 x

jpujol
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by jpujol » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:36 pm

They keep saying "stationed at Langley AFB" when they mention the F-22 Team. I think they will stage from Langley and not bring the jets to Oceana.
0 x

Post Reply

Return to “2023 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest