Through the combined efforts of AirshowStuff and our friends at This is Flight, we bring you Warbird Airshow Action 2019 – a nearly hour long look at some of the most interesting and unique warbird airshow performances during the year. The collection is narrated by Adam Landau, and covers rare vintage aircraft from both American and European events . Watch the video below, or follow this direct link to watch it on Youtube.
This video is actually the second video in the Airshow Action series. Part one focuses on modern military performances – rare formations and flybys, the Red Arrows tour of the US and Canada, the awesome Combined Arms Demonstration at Nellis AFB, and more!
Look for highlights like:
- Vintage helicopters at the Abingdon Air and Country Show, including Gazelle helicopters and the first four-ship display by the Historic Army Aircraft Flight
- The massive “Daks Over Normandy” C-47/DC-3 Dakota gathering and cross-channel flight to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day and related airborne operations
- World War I warbirds, including two Avro 504Ks, a Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5, Bristol M.1, and Sopwith Camel alongside a spectacular seven-ship formation of Hawker Hurricanes at the Shuttleworth Military Airshow
- Stunning sunset afterburner action by Randy Ball in his MiG-17 Fresco at America’s Freedom Fest, plus Vietnam-era UH-1 Huey and AH-1 Cobra helicopters and a Berlin Airlift tribute by the C-54 Skymaster
- Nonstop warbird action at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, including a massive 18-ship P-51 Mustang gathering featuring a rare P-51H and the only XP-82 Twin Mustang, a sunset Heritage Flight combining three P-51s and an F-22 Raptor, British warbirds (a de Havilland Mosquito, Spitfire, and Fairey Firefly), and another D-Day airborne tribute from the D-Day Squadron C-47s.
- The world’s largest gathering of F4U Corsairs (eleven of them!) at the “Corsair Crazy” Thunder Over Michigan airshow, with a bonus appearance by seven P-51 Mustangs and two B-25 Mitchells making low strafing runs over a WWII battle reenactment
- Gdynia AeroBaltic in Poland, featuring an SK-37 Viggen and J-34 Hunter of the Swedish Air Force Historic Flight plus an unusual Orlik Memorial Flight combining PZL-130 Orliks with World War II era Harvards
- Warbird overload at the Spirit of St. Louis Airshow featuring low and tight flybys from heavy bombers – a B-17 Flying Fortress, B-25 Mitchell, and A-26 Invader – plus a joint display by an F4U Corsair, Supermarine Spitfire, and P-51 Mustang!
- A rare collection of three Canadian vintage jets at Airshow London – aerobatics from a DH.115 Vampire, formation with two T-33 Shooting Stars in the colors of the “Red Knight” and “Black Knight”, and a special RCAF Heritage Flight with a CF-18 Hornet
Remember that you can watch un-narrated videos from each of these shows on the AirshowStuffVideos and This is Flight Youtube channels!