Through the combined efforts of AirshowStuff and our friends at This is Flight, we bring you Military Airshow Action 2019 – a nearly hour long look at some of the most interesting and unique military airshow performances during the year. The collection, narrated by Adam Landau, takes you to both sides of the Atlantic for jet noise, vapor, and Gs. Watch the video below, or follow this direct link to watch it on Youtube proper.
The best news? This video is only part one! Later this year, we’ll be publishing part two which focuses entirely on rare vintage warbirds like the P-51 Mustang, F4U Corsair, and more. Be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss it!
Look for highlights like:
- Marine Corps Air Power at MCAS Yuma (Aggressor F-5s, UH-1Y Venom, AH-1Z Viper, F-35B Lightning II, AV-8B Harrier, CH-53 Super Stallion, MV-22 Osprey, MAGTF Demo)
- Sunset performances by a US Army UH-60 Blackhawk and the USAF F-22 Raptor Demonstration Team at America’s Freedom Fest in Goshen, Indiana
- The world’s largest military airshow – the Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT) – featuring award-winning performances like the Finnish F-18 Hornet Demonstration, the Frecce Tricolori, the Italian Air Force C-27J Spartan, Spanish Navy AV-8B “Matador” Harriers, and the final RAF Tucano T.1 performance
- Jet noise in Oshkosh where the USAF F-22 Raptor, F-35 Lightning II, and A-10 Thunderbolt II Demonstration Teams performed together including rare four-ship Heritage Flights, plus spectacular low approaches, a rare appearance by the US Navy F-35C Lightning II and US Navy Legacy Flights
- F-15E Strike Eagle and T-6 Texan II flybys at the Thunder Over Michigan airshow
- A very rare European display by the Saudi Hawks at Gdynia AeroBaltic, plus a Ukrainian SU-27 Flanker demonstration and a Polish Air Force SU-22 Fitter
- A St. Louis airshow appearance by the brand new T-7A Red Hawk, still in flight testing, plus EA-18G Growlers in a C-130 refueling demonstration and US Navy Legacy Flight and one of the few US performances by the RAF Red Arrows during their North American Tour
- Military helicopter action in Spain with the CH-47 Chinook demonstration and a beautiful Eurocopter Tiger performance at sunset
- USAF Air Power at the Aviation Nation airshow at Nellis AFB – home of the USAF Thunderbirds plus T-38 Talon flybys, an MQ-9 Reaper drone flyover, the Altus Demo Team performing a joint C-17 Globemaster III and KC-135 Stratotanker demonstration, the new F-35A Lightning II demonstration and a rare all-jet Heritage Flight with an F-86 Sabre, and the grand finale Combined Arms Demonstration featuring simulated dogfights and attacks by Aggressor F-16s, A-10 Warthogs, F-15E Strike Eagles, F-16 Fighting Falcons, F-35 Lightning IIs, an F-22 Raptor, and HH-60 Pave Hawks.