September 18, 2020
Clermont County Airport
Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tri-state- ... 5256649742
B-29 Superfortress "Doc"
P-51D Mustang "Cincinnati Miss"
B-25 Mitchell "Yankee Doodle"
I am looking forward to this. I will never, ever spend this kind of money on any aviation event again but for my only chance to see something resembling a warbird show during this hell year I will take it. I'm not anticipating any good photo ops given the haze over the Midwest, but I'll post a little of whatever I get.
Yeah, I felt kind of stupid in the immediate aftermath of buying a ticket. At the same time, other museums have done similar events for similar prices and this has a much better flying lineup IMO. I also try to support a couple museums on Giving Tuesday at the end of the year and this will just replace those donations.RyanS wrote: ↑Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 am Holy crap, I was all set to drive down this weekend until I saw the price. I definitely don't blame anyone who goes (in fact it's great to see support for warbirds!) but I don't think I can justify spending that on just one day. I guess if I knew there'd be awesome flybys I'd probably do it, but hard to judge and not much time to decide now
If there was a disappointment, it's that "Doc's" appearance only consisted of two flyovers. The aircraft was based at Lunken for the weekend giving rides and I didn't expect that it would be on display or on the ground at this event, but more than two passes would have been nice. Tri-State still deserves praise for not only holding a successful event, but working "Doc" into it.
The rest of the flying consisted of three segments of 45 minutes to an hour with a short intermission between. There are quite a few larger airshows that could stand to take notes from Tri-State on how to showcase a dozen warbirds.
4-ship formation passes - 3x T-6s and L-17
C-47 and C-45 take-off and solo passes
C-47 and C-45 formation passes
6-ship formation passes: C-47, C-45, 3x T-6 and L-17
C-47 and C-45 land
4-ship formation pass and solo passes for 3x T-6s and L-17
F8F solo passes (a LOT - I stopped counting at 12)
TBM solo passes
F8F and TBM formation passes
TBM, F8F and SNJ missing man in memory of TSWM supporter and WWII TBM pilot John Steele, Sr.
B-25 with P-51 escort, some loose formation and others more in trail
Fw190 launches and intercepts the formation
Fw190 and P-51 tail chase passes
B-25, P-51 and Fw190 various passes, including a couple with the Fw190 on the wing of the B-25
F8F launches, B-25 lands
F8F, P-51 and Fw190 beat up the field
I'm starting to go through photos now and hope to share a few tonight and in the coming days.
- IMG_1033.jpg (217.53 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
- IMG_1071.jpg (348.26 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
- IMG_1085.jpg (328.93 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
- IMG_1103.jpg (294.12 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
- Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.47.01 PM.png (2.59 MiB) Viewed 1845 times
- Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.47.14 PM.png (2.54 MiB) Viewed 1845 times
- Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.47.29 PM.png (2.59 MiB) Viewed 1845 times
- Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.47.55 PM.png (2.4 MiB) Viewed 1845 times
- Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.48.10 PM.png (2.54 MiB) Viewed 1845 times
- IMG_0694.jpg (189.43 KiB) Viewed 1845 times
- IMG_0705.jpg (161.1 KiB) Viewed 1845 times
- Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.45.08 PM.png (2.46 MiB) Viewed 1845 times
- IMG_0857.jpg (450.21 KiB) Viewed 1843 times
- IMG_0879.jpg (432.13 KiB) Viewed 1843 times
- Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.54.18 PM.png (2.44 MiB) Viewed 1842 times
- Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.54.30 PM.png (2.34 MiB) Viewed 1842 times
- Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.54.47 PM.png (2.35 MiB) Viewed 1842 times
- Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.55.04 PM.png (1.74 MiB) Viewed 1842 times
- Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.55.19 PM.png (1.89 MiB) Viewed 1842 times
Lovely shots. Thanks for the review.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests