US Navy Demo Schedules?

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
Ken91

US Navy Demo Schedules?

Post by Ken91 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:30 am

I know the US Navy is often late in announcing airshow schedules, so does anyone know when we can expect to see initial schedules? Just curious. I will say that I'd love to see an E-2 demo this year.

Admin - please feel free to delete this post or move it to a more appropriate location.
Last edited by Ken91 on Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:36 pm

Ken91 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:30 am I know the US Navy is often late in announcing airshow schedules, so does anyone know when we can expect to see initial schedules? Just curious. I will say that I'd love to see an E-2 demo this year.

Admin - please feel free to delete this post or move it to a more appropriate location.
It has been awhile since there was an E-2 Demo. At the ICAS Convention this year, it was stated that the following were approved demos for this year:
-Super Hornet East (VFA-106)
-Super Hornet West (VFA-122)
-F-35C (VFA-125)
-Two Ship E/A-18 Growler Team (VAQ-129)

As for a schedule, its hard to tell when they'll release them. The pilots are instructors during the week and fly shows on the weekend when they can (hence the reason their schedules aren't as packed). Shows are getting notification of support as we speak but sometimes that notification can last into March or April as the teams find out more regarding their availability. It might be some time before we see a schedule.
Last edited by Bretten Bailey on Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

BruceK

Post by BruceK » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:22 pm

Ken91 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:30 am I know the US Navy is often late in announcing airshow schedules, so does anyone know when we can expect to see initial schedules? Just curious. I will say that I'd love to see an E-2 demo this year.

I saw a two ship E-2 demo at Oshkosh in 2022. It wasn't much just 3 passes, but it was still cool to see. It is rare as there is no dedicated demo team, just whoever is available.
0 x

Ken91

Post by Ken91 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:25 pm

Bretten Bailey wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:36 pm

It has been awhile since there was an E-2 Demo. At the ICAS Convention this year, it was stated that the following were approved demos for this year:
-Super Hornet East (VFA-106)
-Super Hornet West (VFA-122)
-F-35C (VFA-125)
-Two Ship E/A-18 Growler Team (VAQ-129)

As for a schedule, its hard to tell when they'll release them. The pilots are instructors during the week and fly shows on the weekend when they can (hence the reason their schedules aren't as packed). Shows are getting notification of support as we speak but sometimes that notification can last into March or April as the teams find out more regarding their availability. It might be some time before we see a schedule.

Thanks for that information! I'm looking forward to seeing their schedules.

Regarding the E-2, we saw a demo at Stuart, FL in 2021, which was definitely one of the highlights. The best flying was their practice run as they came into the airshow on Friday evening.
0 x

passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:30 am

I've seen E-2 demos at NAS Oceana's airshows, but that's going back some 20 or more years now. The Navy also did some P-3C Orion demonstrations, and I'd love to see the P-8 demo'd but that's certainly a wish list item.

As for the others, at least there'll be demos. Last year I spent a couple days in Virginia Beach and at that time, ran into a Super Hornet pilot who was under the impression that VFA-106 wasn't going to take the demo on the road in '23. We probably won't hear about locations until April or May at this point.

I've yet to see the EA-18G and F-35C demos in person! Maybe that changes this year?
0 x

Ken91

Post by Ken91 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:10 pm

passedgas46 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:30 am I've seen E-2 demos at NAS Oceana's airshows, but that's going back some 20 or more years now. The Navy also did some P-3C Orion demonstrations, and I'd love to see the P-8 demo'd but that's certainly a wish list item.

As for the others, at least there'll be demos. Last year I spent a couple days in Virginia Beach and at that time, ran into a Super Hornet pilot who was under the impression that VFA-106 wasn't going to take the demo on the road in '23. We probably won't hear about locations until April or May at this point.

I've yet to see the EA-18G and F-35C demos in person! Maybe that changes this year?
NAS JAX should have a P-8 demo this year (I like the looks of the P-3 more than the P-8). I have yet to see the F-35C in action as well. I hope to see it this year, so I'm looking forward to the schedule announcement. Also, the Growlers, especially when both planes fly, are awesome to see. I hope you can see them this year!
0 x

passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:21 pm

Ken91 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:10 pm
passedgas46 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:30 am I've seen E-2 demos at NAS Oceana's airshows, but that's going back some 20 or more years now. The Navy also did some P-3C Orion demonstrations, and I'd love to see the P-8 demo'd but that's certainly a wish list item.

NAS JAX should have a P-8 demo this year (I like the looks of the P-3 more than the P-8). I have yet to see the F-35C in action as well. I hope to see it this year, so I'm looking forward to the schedule announcement. Also, the Growlers, especially when both planes fly, are awesome to see. I hope you can see them this year!
Thanks! We'll see how this year plays out. We've already cancelled our first two airshow trips to take care of bigger things. NAS Jacksonville sounds nice - I personally have never been there - but we're planning on going to Houston the following weekend.
0 x

Nate_Burrows

Post by Nate_Burrows » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 pm

VFA-106s Demo Schedule
Attachments
IMG_0524.jpeg
IMG_0524.jpeg (216.8 KiB) Viewed 21561 times
IMG_0523.jpeg
IMG_0523.jpeg (202.18 KiB) Viewed 21561 times
0 x
Nate Burrows
@HawkeyeAvGeek on Instagram & TikTok