2024 National Cherry Festival Air Show

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:27 am

Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Thu May 23, 2024 2:54 pm

The Horsemen have been added (Jim Beasely, Dan Friedkin, and Ed Shipley) in the P-51 Mustangs 'Bald Eagle', 'Frenesi', and 'Double Trouble Two'.
Last edited by Bretten Bailey on Thu May 23, 2024 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

AvgeekAndy18

Post by AvgeekAndy18 » Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 am

Bretten Bailey wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:54 pm The Horsemen have been added (Jim Beasely, Dan Friedkin, and Ed Shipley) in the P-51 Mustangs 'Bald Eagle', 'Frenesi', and 'Double Trouble Two'.
Where did you find this information? It isn’t on their website. Anyone have news on the Osprey Demo?
0 x

passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Mon May 27, 2024 3:05 am

AvgeekAndy18 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 am
Bretten Bailey wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:54 pm The Horsemen have been added (Jim Beasely, Dan Friedkin, and Ed Shipley) in the P-51 Mustangs 'Bald Eagle', 'Frenesi', and 'Double Trouble Two'.
Where did you find this information? It isn’t on their website. Anyone have news on the Osprey Demo?
I've come to the conclusion your news breaker on that has a hand in that airshow.

I also don't believe the Horsemen in their entirety will be participating in the Heritage Flight. At one point in time Ed Shipley exited the Heritage Flight program and is not qualified to fly. Jimmy and Dan are both current, so you guys might have a three-ship and not a four-ship.
0 x

AvgeekAndy18

Post by AvgeekAndy18 » Mon May 27, 2024 8:17 am

passedgas46 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:05 am
AvgeekAndy18 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 am
I've come to the conclusion your news breaker on that has a hand in that airshow.

I also don't believe the Horsemen in their entirety will be participating in the Heritage Flight. At one point in time Ed Shipley exited the Heritage Flight program and is not qualified to fly. Jimmy and Dan are both current, so you guys might have a three-ship and not a four-ship.
Fair enough, always nice to have somebody in the loop.

It seems that they have air show dates posted on their website. Would be a cool group to see. You’re saying they are here for the heritage flight and not an act of their own? Also looks like the osprey dropped off our schedule a while ago.
0 x

passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Mon May 27, 2024 1:34 pm

AvgeekAndy18 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:17 am
Fair enough, always nice to have somebody in the loop.

It seems that they have air show dates posted on their website. Would be a cool group to see. You’re saying they are here for the heritage flight and not an act of their own? Also looks like the osprey dropped off our schedule a while ago.
No. What I'm saying is that this airshow now has two Heritage Flight qualified pilots; they're both part of one airshow act.

This, to me, seems like it's an airshow that got assigned an Air Combat Command Demo Team (the A-10 demo) and a Heritage Flight pilot was assigned to the airshow. The closest pilot to this airshow that I can think of is Jim Beasley, Jr. The airshow team probably reached out to Jimmy and inquired about the Horsemen act and lo and behold, both Dan and Ed didn't have any commitments that weekend and now they'll have that act, too. I remember seeing the three-ship Horsemen act in Mustangs and in USN aircraft and it's a real treat.

The other airshow in the area (Trenton, Ontario) per ACC's website is supposed to have a Heritage Flight, so who knows who will do that one.

I can't say I'm surprised about the Osprey. Atlantic City supposedly has an Osprey demo this year but it wouldn't surprise me if that demo is not happening.
0 x

AvgeekAndy18

Post by AvgeekAndy18 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:19 am

A little Airshow preview! Starting off our National Cherry Festival Air Show performer highlight is a focus on our mighty local helicopters, all military and first responders! This year, for the very first time, we welcome three amazing aircraft from the Michigan Army National Guard 238th Aviation Regiment: a CH-47 Chinook, a UH-60 Black Hawk, and a UH-72 Lakota, which will all fly together during our show! Also returning to the skies over West Grand Traverse Bay is the Michigan State Police Bell “Huey” UH-1, North Flight Aero Med’s Sikorsky S-76B, and the US Coast Guard Air Station Traverse City’s two hometown MH-60T Jayhawks, which will be accompanied by a long-lost Traverse City friend, an MH-65E Dolphin from US Coast Guard Air Station Detroit. We can’t wait to have you join us Saturday, June 29th, and Sunday, June 30th, for the 33rd National Cherry Festival Air Show! Check out some amazing pictures of the aircraft you will see at this year’s Air Show!
0 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”