2024 Hyundai Air & Sea Show

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Flyby

Post by Flyby » Tue May 21, 2024 4:11 pm

MIAMI wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:04 pm Anyone have the arrival info for the performers?
I thought I saw an announcement that an F-35 and the A-10 had arrived in some post, but could have been old footage.
0 x

MIAMI

Post by MIAMI » Tue May 21, 2024 4:31 pm

Flyby wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:11 pm
MIAMI wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:04 pm Anyone have the arrival info for the performers?
I thought I saw an announcement that an F-35 and the A-10 had arrived in some post, but could have been old footage.
Old footage.
1 x

Alex41985

Post by Alex41985 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:12 pm

Mach announced on her IG story that they made it yesterday. Looks like they landed at Homestead instead of Opa-locka and not to mention there were two jets flying around Miami Beach yesterday as well.

Unfortunately they don't say what times they're arriving. Best bet is to check FlightRadar24 and/or ADS-B Exchange
1 x

Garrison145

Post by Garrison145 » Thu May 23, 2024 8:24 pm

Well, this is pretty big news. A brief interview with Mickey Markoff was released yesterday, where he states that there will be a three-ship formation flyover of the B-1, B-2, and B-52.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/miami/news/ ... y-weekend/
Attachments
Screenshot_20240523_155724_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240523_155724_Chrome.jpg (90.02 KiB) Viewed 881 times
1 x

Flyby

Post by Flyby » Fri May 24, 2024 1:01 am

Garrison145 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:24 pm Well, this is pretty big news. A brief interview with Mickey Markoff was released yesterday, where he states that there will be a three-ship formation flyover of the B-1, B-2, and B-52.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/miami/news/ ... y-weekend/
:o :D My wife's getting pregnant tonight....
1 x

Alex41985

Post by Alex41985 » Fri May 24, 2024 12:10 pm

That bomber flyby is one day only, likely Saturday.

A majority of the aircraft landed at Homestead Air Reserve Base (i.e. A-10s, Bayou Militia, Altus Joint Demo Team, F-16s, B-1s, B-52) while the Apaches, 920th Rescue Wing, ECRD and the F-35B Demo landed at Opa-locka. F-22s are expected to arrive today. The Commemorative Air Force FG-1D Corsair "530" and the P-51 Mustang "Double Trouble Two" landed in the evening so there will be a Heritage Flight after all.

P.S. the aircraft will be flying from 10:30 to 4:30 for practice today.
1 x

Garrison145

Post by Garrison145 » Fri May 24, 2024 12:24 pm

Alex41985 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:10 pm That bomber flyby is one day only, likely Saturday.

A majority of the aircraft landed at Homestead Air Reserve Base (i.e. A-10s, Bayou Militia, Altus Joint Demo Team, F-16s, B-1s, B-52) while the Apaches, 920th Rescue Wing, ECRD and the F-35B Demo landed at Opa-locka. F-22s are expected to arrive today. The Commemorative Air Force FG-1D Corsair "530" and the P-51 Mustang "Double Trouble Two" landed in the evening so there will be a Heritage Flight after all.

P.S. the aircraft will be flying from 10:30 to 4:30 for practice today.
Thanks for the update! I've been lurking in this forum for the past three years and you've been my primary source of information each year for this show.
1 x

Alex41985

Post by Alex41985 » Fri May 24, 2024 10:05 pm

F-22s have not yet arrived but interestingly a Travis C-5 landed at Homestead Air Reserve Base earlier and a Navy T-6 landed at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport not long ago.
1 x

Aidenhrouse

Post by Aidenhrouse » Mon May 27, 2024 12:33 am

Had a great time at the Saturday show!

The show flowed smoothly with very little breaks in between acts. Know that has been some criticism of the show in years past. Line up, of course, was superior to any other show in the state in my opinion. No F22's or C-5 unfortunately, but still a rocking line up so I can't really complain. The three-ship of bombers was AWESOME with the B2 circling the show until its "demo" a little while after. The schedule had the F35A last but ended up going up a bit sooner with the Bayou Militia closing the show out with a four-ship of Eagles with the final pass being a missing-man formation. No Navy legacy flight on Saturday but seemed to have happened on today's show. Both the Golden Knights and Red Devils did well but did take a while for them to get in a jumping position. LOTS of helicopters (especially the Blackhawks) which was awesome but got a bit old after a while.

My biggest complaint would be the parking situation which I know the show itself has very little control over. However, the app recommended by the show for parking was very much out of touch and led me to lots of closed lots, lots that no longer existed, or a certain parking lot where the app advertised parking was only $30 for the day but ended up being $80 when I went up to ask. I was able to find a parking lot not too far away from the show entrance for $30 but took me a long time to do, so get there early next year for sure if you want any decent chance of finding parking!

Overall, a well organized show from the display village area to the aerial performances! Arguably the best show in the state next to Sun n Fun, especially if you fancy a lot of afterburner! Highly recommend going and will be making the trip down for sure next year!

Aiden
@the_avination on IG and YT
1 x

Flyby

Post by Flyby » Mon May 27, 2024 8:00 pm

Aidenhrouse wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:33 am Had a great time at the Saturday show!

The show flowed smoothly with very little breaks in between acts. Know that has been some criticism of the show in years past. Line up, of course, was superior to any other show in the state in my opinion. No F22's or C-5 unfortunately, but still a rocking line up so I can't really complain. The three-ship of bombers was AWESOME with the B2 circling the show until its "demo" a little while after. The schedule had the F35A last but ended up going up a bit sooner with the Bayou Militia closing the show out with a four-ship of Eagles with the final pass being a missing-man formation. No Navy legacy flight on Saturday but seemed to have happened on today's show. Both the Golden Knights and Red Devils did well but did take a while for them to get in a jumping position. LOTS of helicopters (especially the Blackhawks) which was awesome but got a bit old after a while.

My biggest complaint would be the parking situation which I know the show itself has very little control over. However, the app recommended by the show for parking was very much out of touch and led me to lots of closed lots, lots that no longer existed, or a certain parking lot where the app advertised parking was only $30 for the day but ended up being $80 when I went up to ask. I was able to find a parking lot not too far away from the show entrance for $30 but took me a long time to do, so get there early next year for sure if you want any decent chance of finding parking!

Overall, a well organized show from the display village area to the aerial performances! Arguably the best show in the state next to Sun n Fun, especially if you fancy a lot of afterburner! Highly recommend going and will be making the trip down for sure next year!

Aiden
@the_avination on IG and YT
It was a great show. Parking is always a pain, and it's usually $20 for the day but went up to $30 this year. Overall great lineup, was hoping for Langley F-22's but the Militia was a great ending. Of course crowds were ourta hand and some people have zero common courtesy....but can't have cake and eat it too I guess. Didn't go Sunday but heard there was no B-2. Interesting side note, my cousins working marine patrol at the north end of the box got showered with B-one shrapnel during the flyby 😆. They recovered some honeycomb composite shards and turned it over to the appropriate parties.
0 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”