2024 EAA Air Venture Oshkosh

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Tue May 21, 2024 1:32 pm

They will have a rough daily schedule a few weeks out. There are sometimes a few tweaks, but it's usually pretty accurate. The daily airshow schedule with times is posted on some of the buildings around the grounds when it is finalized, usually around noon. I've found Homebuilders HQ and the Lost and Found building to be reliable. There are several people on this forum who will also post the daily schedule when they see it.
Last edited by kalamazookid on Tue May 21, 2024 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Matt

flying_vicariously

Post by flying_vicariously » Tue May 21, 2024 2:12 pm

Thanks, so this maybe isn't the type of show that I could plan to just come for 1 or 2 days and hope to see the stuff I want to see (like a particular aircraft/livery)?
0 x

Airplanefreak2000

Post by Airplanefreak2000 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:29 pm

flying_vicariously wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:12 pm Thanks, so this maybe isn't the type of show that I could plan to just come for 1 or 2 days and hope to see the stuff I want to see (like a particular aircraft/livery)?
That is accurate. We stay the whole week and don’t see everything.
0 x

Adambadger88

Post by Adambadger88 » Wed May 22, 2024 1:07 am

flying_vicariously wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:20 am I have never been to Oshkosh. How do you know which aircraft are flying on which days? My top two priorities would be the F-16 (assuming it's going to have the 1974 YF-16 paint job) and the Polaris Mig-29.
I'm not sure if the Ghost Squadron will be at the event. So, that may rule out the MiG-29. The team had an incident at the Ft. Lauderdale air show and they had to go to the ACE committee for investigation.
0 x

Laskow2

Post by Laskow2 » Thu May 23, 2024 4:31 am

any info on CAF socal? i see the zero and hellcat are listed for milwaukee and chance those will come to oshkosh too?
0 x

avravalleyaviation

Post by avravalleyaviation » Fri May 24, 2024 7:09 pm

Is there any possible chance the newly announced F-15 demo team will come to OSH? I doubt it because they’ll be in farnborough the days of the show but by two ship demo it might be divided into two separate teams, one for NA and one for Europe since they’ll be attending St Louis as well as riat and the aforementioned farnborough. I doubt they’ll come but it would definitely be really cool if they did!
0 x

IDF783

Post by IDF783 » Fri May 24, 2024 7:13 pm

avravalleyaviation wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:09 pm Is there any possible chance the newly announced F-15 demo team will come to OSH? I doubt it because they’ll be in farnborough the days of the show but by two ship demo it might be divided into two separate teams, one for NA and one for Europe since they’ll be attending St Louis as well as riat and the aforementioned farnborough. I doubt they’ll come but it would definitely be really cool if they did!
Oh yeah, it's been a while since F-15s demo'd at OSH. Be awesome if one of them can attend. Not sure if the 2 ships EX are an inseparable team.
0 x

Jacob_Herb

Post by Jacob_Herb » Fri May 24, 2024 7:20 pm

avravalleyaviation wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:09 pm Is there any possible chance the newly announced F-15 demo team will come to OSH? I doubt it because they’ll be in farnborough the days of the show but by two ship demo it might be divided into two separate teams, one for NA and one for Europe since they’ll be attending St Louis as well as riat and the aforementioned farnborough. I doubt they’ll come but it would definitely be really cool if they did!
On the Social Flight podcast last month, Jack Pelton did mention that the EX is scheduled to be there. There is no information on whether its slated to fly or just be static or what dates it'll be there, but it is scheduled to be in OSH.
0 x
Jacob Herb
JMHerb Photography

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri May 24, 2024 7:55 pm

St. Louis is the only North American F-15EX (actually likely a QA, same diff) demo this year. There will not be a company demo at Oshkosh (and the USAF isn't doing EX demos)
Last edited by RyanS on Fri May 24, 2024 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Airplanefreak2000

Post by Airplanefreak2000 » Fri May 24, 2024 8:00 pm

I would not expect that. This is a company demonstration meant for sales of the aircraft. Since the US keeps cutting back orders of the EX, it’s not shocking they are taking it on the road. They did the same with the Super Hornet in the 2000s. Lockheed Martin has also done so with the F-16 back in the 2000s too. While Oshkosh is a major draw, the U.S isn’t buying any more Eagles so there is little point to demonstrate it any further stateside than St. Louis.
0 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”