2024 EAA Air Venture Oshkosh

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
mleslie5

Post by mleslie5 » Fri May 24, 2024 11:46 pm

Adambadger88 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:07 am
I'm not sure if the Ghost Squadron will be at the event. So, that may rule out the MiG-29. The team had an incident at the Ft. Lauderdale air show and they had to go to the ACE committee for investigation.
Didn't the Fulcrum do a solo display as part of GS's appearance a year or two ago? Any chance they would be willing to send the MiG by itself?
0 x

Adambadger88

Post by Adambadger88 » Sat May 25, 2024 5:14 pm

mleslie5 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:46 pm
I'm not sure if the Ghost Squadron will be at the event. So, that may rule out the MiG-29. The team had an incident at the Ft. Lauderdale air show and they had to go to the ACE committee for investigation.
Didn't the Fulcrum do a solo display as part of GS's appearance a year or two ago? Any chance they would be willing to send the MiG by itself?
I believe the entire group is grounded at the moment for x number of days or x number of years.
0 x

mleslie5

Post by mleslie5 » Sat May 25, 2024 7:43 pm

Adambadger88 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:14 pm
I believe the entire group is grounded at the moment for x number of days or x number of years.
Attachments
giphy (30).gif
giphy (30).gif (1.8 MiB) Viewed 1139 times
0 x

sean0471

Post by sean0471 » Tue May 28, 2024 4:33 am

Didn't see anything about grounding? Source? Just curious.
0 x

Airplanefreak2000

Post by Airplanefreak2000 » Tue May 28, 2024 4:53 am

sean0471 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:33 am

Sources aren’t needed. Seeing as all shows they were scheduled at canceled them (with exception to AC so far) tells enough. The act itself is grounded until further notice. We will see if they return in the future or not. If not, it’s sad it was so short lived.
0 x

passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Tue May 28, 2024 1:23 pm

Airplanefreak2000 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:53 am

Sources aren’t needed. Seeing as all shows they were scheduled at canceled them (with exception to AC so far) tells enough. The act itself is grounded until further notice. We will see if they return in the future or not. If not, it’s sad it was so short lived.
I would second the need for sources; however, it would make sense that they'd cancel their remaining appearances in light of what happened and an ongoing investigation. Their website wasn't updated after Fort Lauderdale so there's still no checkmark next to that show and Oshkosh, AC, and Oceana remain on there.

Since AC is now my home airshow, and with news still not trickling out about this airshow - which takes place less than three months from now, I'd venture a guess and say they won't be there if all this information is indeed true.

Now, to add one off-topic piece to this puzzle: This past weekend was the Jones Beach Airshow in Long Island. One of the acts on the lineup was Warbird Thunder, which as many of you know is two former Skytyper pilots and SNJs, Chris "CT" Thomas and Mike "Buick" Eberhardt. Warbird Thunder had flying slot number three according to video posted online. It was CT doing a solo display, if that tells you anything. Out of respect for both CT and Buick, I will refrain from saying more (a lot more not-for-public information was provided to me via text).
0 x

Airplanefreak2000

Post by Airplanefreak2000 » Tue May 28, 2024 6:37 pm

passedgas46 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:23 pm

I would second the need for sources; however, it would make sense that they'd cancel their remaining appearances in light of what happened and an ongoing investigation. Their website wasn't updated after Fort Lauderdale so there's still no checkmark next to that show and Oshkosh, AC, and Oceana remain on there.

Since AC is now my home airshow, and with news still not trickling out about this airshow - which takes place less than three months from now, I'd venture a guess and say they won't be there if all this information is indeed true.

Now, to add one off-topic piece to this puzzle: This past weekend was the Jones Beach Airshow in Long Island. One of the acts on the lineup was Warbird Thunder, which as many of you know is two former Skytyper pilots and SNJs, Chris "CT" Thomas and Mike "Buick" Eberhardt. Warbird Thunder had flying slot number three according to video posted online. It was CT doing a solo display, if that tells you anything. Out of respect for both CT and Buick, I will refrain from saying more (a lot more not-for-public information was provided to me via text).
You ask for sources yet you mention your private not for public texts. :lol: :lol: How very contradictory of you.
2 x

Tpinky17

Post by Tpinky17 » Tue May 28, 2024 11:45 pm

I'm trying to understand the off topic portion. Was one of them potentially apart of Polaris and they're grounded or is there some sort of like drama between the two, or is there something that I'm missing that is not being told.
0 x

sean0471

Post by sean0471 » Wed May 29, 2024 5:47 am

Tpinky17 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:45 pm

I'm trying to understand the off topic portion. Was one of them potentially apart of Polaris and they're grounded or is there some sort of like drama between the two, or is there something that I'm missing that is not being told.

There was a midair collision during their performance at The Fort Lauderdale Airshow resulting in the grounding (unconfirmed) of the entire Ghost Squadron. I cant find anything to support the claim the squadron is grounded and the Polaris Program website has been down for the past 2 days now.
1 x

Tpinky17

Post by Tpinky17 » Wed May 29, 2024 1:38 pm

sean0471 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:47 am
Tpinky17 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:45 pm

There was a midair collision during their performance at The Fort Lauderdale Airshow resulting in the grounding (unconfirmed) of the entire Ghost Squadron. I cant find anything to support the claim the squadron is grounded and the Polaris Program website has been down for the past 2 days now.
I knew about the almost mid-air collision, I’m just confused on what this has to do with Warbird Thunder now.
0 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”