2024 Spectacle Aerien International de Bagotville

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:47 pm

Nighthawk117 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:06 am The Bagotville Air Show is free, so prepare for a packed event, I wouldn't be surprised to have between 80,000 and 100,000 visitors. The best advice is to arrive at the site when the gates open. Leaving the site is always a nightmare with so many people. There are very few hotels in the Saguenay region, it will be preferable to take a hotel in Quebec City and make the 2-hour drive the same morning of the show.
Free is definitely nice!

So as it looks right now, my wife and I are going to spend at least a day in Quebec City. We haven't discussed details on how we're getting there, where we'd be staying, and all that. Staying in Quebec City the entire time and commuting to and from there might be a little time consuming, especially if we'd want to be one of the first ones there.

What language is this airshow broadcast in? Being we're in Quebec and it's predominately French, is this going to be narrated in French or both English and French? I understand most everyone speaks both languages so the language barrier isn't going to be an issue.
0 x

Nighthawk117

Post by Nighthawk117 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:32 pm

passedgas46 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:47 pm
Nighthawk117 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:06 am The Bagotville Air Show is free, so prepare for a packed event, I wouldn't be surprised to have between 80,000 and 100,000 visitors. The best advice is to arrive at the site when the gates open. Leaving the site is always a nightmare with so many people. There are very few hotels in the Saguenay region, it will be preferable to take a hotel in Quebec City and make the 2-hour drive the same morning of the show.
Free is definitely nice!

So as it looks right now, my wife and I are going to spend at least a day in Quebec City. We haven't discussed details on how we're getting there, where we'd be staying, and all that. Staying in Quebec City the entire time and commuting to and from there might be a little time consuming, especially if we'd want to be one of the first ones there.

What language is this airshow broadcast in? Being we're in Quebec and it's predominately French, is this going to be narrated in French or both English and French? I understand most everyone speaks both languages so the language barrier isn't going to be an issue.

The airshow broadcast will be in French only, but if you have to speak with people, most will be able to respond to you in English quite easily.
Quebec city is a fantastic city, visiting the "petit Champlain" district as well as the "Chateau Frontenac" is essential. You will feel like you are in Europe.
0 x
Look at your six, It's me!!!

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:50 am

Latest Addition
- FIGHTERJETS INC's T-33 Shooting Star

https://fighterjets.com/air-show-dates- ... e5dceea252
0 x

Rhino93

Post by Rhino93 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:47 am

Another demo team announcement on the way! 8-)

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/UBCz2L ... tid=qi2Omg
Attachments
Screenshot_20240228-004435.png
Screenshot_20240228-004435.png (870.83 KiB) Viewed 528 times
0 x
Ryan
Quebec, Canada

Adam

Post by Adam » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:25 pm

This is intriguing because the graphic implies it is not from one of the three countries already listed. The French and Brits would be obvious candidates save for the fact that the French AF 90th anniversary show is just two days after Bagotville, acording to the French airshow federation, and the Reds are in Europe... a solo display, perhaps?

I wonder if one of the South American teams (Smoke Squadron?) is planning a trip north this year? I dearly hope they stick around for Trenton, if so.
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

CultOfTheWyvern

Post by CultOfTheWyvern » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:47 pm

Were I a gambling man, and the show is really teasing a participant from a fourth nation, I'd put my money on the Luftwaffe A400M that's become, if not a regular, then a not-uncommon sight at North American shows. But then, I'm not a gambling man, because I always lose, so . . .

Also, interesting that the graphic has the Frecce Tricolori's mount as the M345. I know it's coming, but let's not rush past the superb little MB339, which to me is the perfect aircraft for a display team, just yet!
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:07 pm

RAF Typhoon Display confirmed!

Only display in North America.

I know I might get a lot of flack for this from my fellow Brits on here, but I wish they could have done a couple more shows before RIAT. Trenton for example, is the week after. Yes, I know the Reds will be here later too lol.

Last edited by Dan Gagnon on Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Dan Gagnon

Flightline Uk

Post by Flightline Uk » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:24 pm

I'm not sure our Canadian friends deserve any flack. The history speaks for itself and the RCAF have been and still are great supporters of the Royal Air Force and UK (and European) events - not just RIAT!
Last edited by Flightline Uk on Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:29 pm

Flightline Uk wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:24 pm I'm not sure our Canadian friends deserve any flack. The history speaks for itself and the RCAF have been and still are great supporters of the Royal Air Force and UK (and European) events - not just RIAT!
I knew I liked you! :lol:
0 x
Dan Gagnon

CultOfTheWyvern

Post by CultOfTheWyvern » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:34 pm

What a coup for Bagotville! If plane tickets to Quebec City weren't so ungodly expensive I might be cancelling my plans for Dayton, but...yeah, plane tickets to Quebec City are ungodly expensive :)

I wonder if they'll have to modify their routine any to comply with North American regulations, as European ones give a lot more leeway regarding directing energy toward the crowd.
0 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”