Quinte International Air Show 2024

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:51 am

Event Map
... we have a first look at our EVENT MAP. We will be announcing our static displays soon - this map doesn't include our statics, but you can see we have three distinct areas, plus - indoor exhibits.
We will have our parking and shuttle plan released in the next week! Parking and shuttles are included with your event ticket.
... please note: early bird parking is early arrival, early birds and photo pit!
Attachments
FB_IMG_1713149446194.jpg
FB_IMG_1713149446194.jpg (145.8 KiB) Viewed 326 times
Last edited by Dan Gagnon on Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Dan Gagnon

CultOfTheWyvern

Post by CultOfTheWyvern » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:44 am

I love how Baker Island is a "free parking" zone!

Starting to reconsider my plans to attend this one. It's a good-looking lineup, but I'm starting to question if it's good enough to warrant driving seven hours each way, including through Toronto, on a holiday weekend, for a show that seems like it'll have a lot of gaps between displays (22-minute slot for a C-17?). I already have a photo pass for Saturday and early bird for Sunday, so I'm invested, but considering alternatives.
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:41 am

Glad it's not just me thinking that about the schedule. 11 acts in over 5 hours? All the shows I did last year with a 5hr flying display had 20 acts minimum and one had 35! A comparable breakdown of military, civilian, warbirds etc at all those shows, too.

I ask this of any Canadians who might have an idea: what might this 1hr "show opener" consist of? I'd love to think the RCAF can muster something interesting and centenary-specific, like a preview of the Ottawa flypast the following week or something in the mould of Bagotville's Hornet airfield attack, in which case I'd go home pretty happy. Am I living in the land of the fairies?
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Bingofuel

Post by Bingofuel » Mon May 13, 2024 9:45 pm

Not sure what the "show opener" will be in that slot but this article that came out today isn't exactly making it seem they have anything special up their sleeves. Who knows.

https://www.intelligencer.ca/news/quint ... travaganza
0 x

CultOfTheWyvern

Post by CultOfTheWyvern » Mon May 13, 2024 10:33 pm

For the sake of those who are still planning to attend, I do hope they fill that hour allotted to the "show opener" wisely.

I binned my plans for this one, mostly because of the whole having to drive through the fourth largest city in North America the weekend of Canada Day
bit, plus Appalachian Mountain STOL is the same weekend (a 1.5-hour drive vs a nearly 7-hour one, without any major urban areas to add even more hours to said drive) and I'll be volunteering there instead. I do hope to see loads of great photos/videos though!
Last edited by CultOfTheWyvern on Mon May 13, 2024 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”