A question

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
MikeDennis

A question

Post by MikeDennis » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:57 am

I have a question regarding Gene Soucy and Teresa Stokes. Have they retired quietly from the air show circuit, or are they currently on hiatus?
1 x

passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:47 pm

I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen Gene Soucy fly over the last 40+ years - along with Teresa Stokes on the wings of the Showcat.

Doing a quick YouTube search yields a lot of 2019 videos from Oshkosh and other events. I can't find anything more recent. Having said that, I don't have the ins many of you have with the airshow industry but what I do know from having seen Gene fly, and of course what's been made public via airshows, stories done of Gene & Teresa, and the like, and (I'm not saying this is true) I truly believe the two of them quietly retired from flying airshows once the pandemic took hold of the world.

The last two times I saw Gene fly were in New Jersey and at Naval Air Station Oceana, and that goes back a couple years prior to my search results. I know he had a kidney transplant many years ago (Teresa was the donor) and I'm sure in the beginning part of the pandemic they did everything they could to make sure Gene avoided COVID. Before the pandemic, a friend of mine once said that Teresa had told him that the two of them take great care to make sure Gene doesn't even catch the common cold because even that could cause complications. Both are, I believe, still with us, both are up there in age (this is also another contentious topic that hasn't been addressed as a whole), and I'm sure by now if they hadn't returned to performing they're enjoying their retirements.

He's one of my favorite civilian performers.
0 x

Nate_Burrows

Post by Nate_Burrows » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:11 pm

MikeDennis wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:57 am I have a question regarding Gene Soucy and Teresa Stokes. Have they retired quietly from the air show circuit, or are they currently on hiatus?
They quietly retired from the industry i wanna say during the COVID year or the year after.
0 x
Nate Burrows
@HawkeyeAvGeek on Instagram & TikTok